Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Words from Elder Austin Davis in Oregon

"Well this week was crazy. We had two things big happening this week we
had a dance festival to go preform at to Sing army of heleman and we
had zone conference that was so sad the morby's were saying good bye
to everyone. Ah man I never thought I would shed tears see them
leaving and seeing my mission come to an end and I see elders getting
trunky already checked out, it makes me so sad because they are going
to regret it. So dance festival I saw the thornbrues and the melansons
from Hillsboro it was great to see them they are funny:)) then
president Morby surprised us and we watched the Saratov approach about
the missionaries in Russia getting kid napped it was awesome. Ha best
movie I have seen in 22 months:)) I saw a lot of my old companions
there elder hunsaker, Peterson,Robinson,Treharne it was good seeing
them. Miss them but it's okay :) zone conference was heart breaking
don't even want to talk about it. It's sad to see all my friends and
best friends go home, from this marvelous work. Sad but I will tell
you I will never regret the decision of going out on a mission after
all the physical and mental trials it's still worth it The Lord will
bless me and watch over me and my family and how I love them!!! Sunday
was great we had Lloyd and Katie at sacrament again Lloyd said he
wanted to join the church how cool :) and Katie we are going to ask
her dad for permission to baptize her soon she has came to church
three times. But this week was great. I didn't get to meet with the
baseball coach because we had zone conference. This week sometime :)
heart monitor is on til the 8th of July

Well dad and uncles and gpa :)) happy Father's Day I hope it was good
I'll tell you that I appreciate you and love you. Thanks for being
worthy priesthood holders and thankyou for the blessings you have
given me. Your light is something I look for and gives me strength to
reach out to others if it wasn't for your examples I wouldn't be on a
mission. I know I wouldn't be here. Thankyou
.Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate,our deepest fear is
that we are powerful beyond all measure it is our light not our
darkness that most frightens us.your playing small does not serve the
world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as
children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we
let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our
presence automatically liberates others.
No matter how weird the Oregonians really are all there weird stuff
they do I love them."

No comments:

Post a Comment