Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Words from Elder Tyler Crosby in Tonga

"A pretty good week for us this week:) We had another baptism and it was really nice. The spirit was really strong and I didn't know I was giving a spiritual thought until the baptism started. I was a little worried because I didn't prepare like normal, but I talked about Jesus Christ and his baptism and the spirit really hit me when I was talking. I felt the spirit seriously just take my breath away. It was really a cool experience. I am so thankful for our savior and what he did for us. I know I would be nothing without him. He takes my pains and weaknesses away when I turn to him and I know I don't deserve that so I am so grateful. Easter is just a good holiday I sure enjoy thinking about Christ. I was kinda shocked because usually every Easter its pretty easy to take a step back and think abut Christ, but this year it was a little different and the reason was because being a missionary everything you do revolves around Christ so you think about him all the time. So in reality it wasn't that it was hard to thin about Christ it was that I have gotten more familiar with it. I know I am getting closer to him everyday out here and I am so thankful for that. Being a missionary has really changed my life. To answer some of your questions Tongans had the day off on Friday too. All of the different churches had huge church gatherings and stuff we just had our normal church. That's one thing I really appreciate about our church. All of the other churches spend a couple days a year remembering Christ when our church we remember him every day and we do that by the way we act and our example to others. This church is so true. I love it and love you guys so much."

No comments:

Post a Comment