Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Words from Elder Jake Zieler in Canada

This week was a really good one! Sorry it's been a while. Things have been really busy over here, which is a good thing.
This past week was transfer week and it was pretty wild with missionaries who needed to catch flights and to be picked up from their flights, but everything worked out in the end. I got my new companion and he's from Missouri so i'm trying to make good friends with him so we can have a place to stay during the 2nd coming:) haha just kidding. But he's a really funny guy with a sarcastic sense of humor so we get along good. His name is Elder Briscoe and we served in the same district about 10 months ago. 
We saw a really awesome miracle together the other day. So a couple weeks ago, my companion and I found an awesome lady at her doorstep who said she had been looking for a church to go to. She was really nice and was a solid truth seeker. She gave us her number and said we could come back that next Tuesday. So when Tuesday rolled around we gave her a call to confirm the appointment and she told us that things weren't going to work out because she talked to her boyfriend about it and he said if we went by, it would cause a lot of problems between them and their relationship. So we were pretty disappointed. But then this last week, we were in her neighborhood and we wondered if we should go knock on the door, so while standing in the driveway, we prayed about it. We both felt good about knocking on her door, so we did. It turns out, it was her boyfriend that answered and we played it off like we were just making the rounds and he was pretty hesitant about the whole thing. We ended up talking about the Book of Mormon and he was hit by the spirit pretty hard. Then out of no where he said, "I know why you guys are here and I don't appreciate you trying to convert my girlfriend behind my back. you aren't welcome back at this door." And then it got slammed haha The slamming part wasn't so bad, but we knew he felt the spirit so it was frustrating. Anyway, we went to some of his neighbors and knocked on their doors, and on our way back to the car, he came outside and we were getting ready for some anti or something, but he walked up to us and said, "I'm sorry guys. That's not who I am. When I shut the door I realized how big of a jerk I was. I just wanted to apologize." And then he went on to tell us about this documentary that he watched about Mormons and told us if we wanted to teach his girlfriend, he'd rather have us teach them both at the same time! It was an awesome experience. God is good:)
Also, while transfers were going on, I was companions with an Elder from Papua New Guinea. His name is Elder Aua and he's legit! We had a pillow talk conversation all night about how he would have to run from alligators chasing him because he'd steal their eggs so he could eat them. And just told me stories about the life he  lives back home and it was awesome! makes me want to go there someday. He's the first missionary from there ever to come to Canada! He's a stud!

No comments:

Post a Comment