Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everyone!

I don't have much time so this will be short sorry!
 
This week was SO busy but so great! It was packed full of meetings, but I have to say I have come to love meetings on my mission. I learn so much from them and feel the Spirit so strong. My poor companion though! She's been so patient and loving through this crazy week and how grateful I am for her! She's has such an amazing spirit and love for others. I feel like she's training me!
 
Sunday Jade got confirmed by our Ward Mission Leader and it was wonderful! He gave her the most beautiful blessing - he counseled her to marry a worthy young man in the temple and that if she did so, she would have a righteous family and her kids would call her blessed forever. Her mother was crying and so was I! She's hopefully going to seminary and her mother has agreed to go to institute! And she's really excited about family history. Please pray that we can start teaching her soon!
 
Something really cool that happened this week is we were out tracting (our mission president now requires that we tract at least an hour every day - if we don't have set appointments) and as we went up to one house to knock, I got a strong impression to go visit a man named Jude (he's a member's neighbor). So we went over to his house and he wasn't home. I figured the spirit wanted us there for a reason so we knocked some more doors with no success, and then low and behold Jude drove up! We talked to him for like 20 minutes and he told us he was given a BOM years ago by some co-workers and they had all signed it. He didn't necessarily agree to take the lessons, but he said he'd like to visit with us some more so I'm praying we can make it happen. We had such a good, spirit-filled conversation! How grateful I am for the Spirit in my life. This experience taught me to follow impressions always.
 
There were so many other miracles, but I just don't have time. I love you all so much and thank you for all your prayers! I am feeling their power in my life more and more every day. I have such a testimony of the power of prayer! I know it works and I know that God hears and answers our prayers. I hope you all have a wonderful week and please, keep doing missionary work. Keep finding people for the missionaries to teach! We need you. We so badly need your help. We cannot do this alone! I promise that more blessings will come into your life than you have room enough to receive if you put missionary work as a priority. It brings more joy than anything this world has to offer!

Love you and God bless!

Love, Sister Platt
#1,001
#Godisgood

No comments:

Post a Comment