Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everyone!

Thank you so much for all your support and prayers and love for me and my sister and also for my family. I cried today as I read about my grandma's funeral and the celebrations of her life! I know she wouldn't want there to be sorrow, only happiness and a huuuuuuge party! How I wish I could've been there, but how grateful I am that so many people came. I wish I could tell you all of the moments I have felt her on my mission this past week. I know she is with me and I have felt more strength than I ever have in my entire life this past week.
 
Something truly wonderful happened this past week.....Jade, our 14-year old investigator, got baptized!!!!!! Oh how I wish all of you could've been there. She came back from a trip last Monday and we met with her on Tuesday. We were so nervous because we weren't sure if she had received an answer to be baptized. As we taught her and then asked her if she still wanted to be baptized she very reverently said she felt it was right for her and really wanted to! Oh my goodness, I wanted to shout for joy right then (we did later in the car as we drove away)!!!! We planned the baptism and she asked that two of the young women we had brought to her lessons give talks at her baptism. How wonderful is that? Then, her next door neighbor, Sister Forsythe (she's the member that introduced us to Jade initially) offered to have her two little girls and Jade's little sister Phoebe sing "I Am a Child of God." And she also offered to have a dinner and dessert right after the baptism for anyone who wanted to come! Blessings, miracles, tender mercies!!!!! We met with Jade 3 other times and I wish I had time to describe all of the miracles that came from those meetings! I will tell briefly of one. She texted us Thursday night asking if we could come over first thing in the morning. We were a little worried about her, but she said everything was fine. Well, when we got over there she told us of a very creepy and real experience she had had with the devil the night before and I could not believe what I was hearing! I knew that he was trying to stop her from getting baptized! She expressed doubts about baptism because of the creepy experience she had had. Sister Wilde and I had one of the most spirit-filled lessons I've ever had on my mission! The Spirit literally put into our minds everything we needed to say, to read, and to testify of. It was not us speaking! It was incredible to watch her countenance change as she felt the Spirit and as her concerns were resolved. I truly believe that the Lord has great things in store for this young woman because Satan was fighting her so hard! Well, Sunday at 4:30 she was baptized and the relief society room was packed!! It felt like the entire ward was there! And Jade's whole family came - her parents and her brother and sister. It was such a beautiful and spiritual baptism. And the ward just loved on her parents and family and greeted them and gave them gifts! And afterwards they all went to Sister Forsythe's for dinner and dessert and loved on Jade's family even more. It was truly one of the most touching experiences I've ever had. God is SO good. She will be confirmed next Sunday and she's so on fire, it's wonderful to see! Her mother told us that she also knows the church is true and that she someday wants to get baptized, just like her daughter! MIRACLES!
 
One more story and then I need to go. So, I received a call Friday night that I was to train a brand-new missionary. I have to say, I was so nervous and it was the last thing in the world that I wanted to do. After saying goodbye to my dear, wonderful companion (she finished her mission and went back to Canada :( :( :( ), we picked up our new missionaries on Monday. We drove to the mission office where they were at receiving some training and instructions, and the AP's stuck us in a separate room to wait until it was time to meet our new companions. Well, they filed us in to the adjoining room where all the Greenies were, and we were separated by those huge divider things. They lined us up and I was third in line. Man was I nervous!!!! Right before they let me into the room to meet my Greenie, one of the AP's whispered "Say something awesome!" I walked in, held out my arms, and exclaimed "Hi Sweetie!" ........... What the what?!?! That's what came out of my mouth?! #thatjusthappened I NEVER say the word sweetie, EVER! It was so embarrassing. #oldladyproblems Everyone burst out laughing and I turned bright red. I tell ya what, the longer I serve the more awkward I get! My Greenie told me afterwards that she felt like it was the perfect thing I could've said for her because it calmed her nerves immediately.....I think she's just being nice, but ya know. I'll just go down in history as THE awkward trainer in the Colorado Denver North Mission!
 
Other than that, God has been so good to me because I have the best Greenie ever! She's from Oregon, she's 23, and she's on fire! Her name is Sister Banner and she came pre-trained and she already seems like she's been on a mission for like 6 months. I think God knew, because I'm so old, that I needed someone easy to train and who can also train me. :) :) Well, there were so many other miracles and funny stories from last week I wish I could tell y'all but I just don't have time. I want you all to know that I know, with all the conviction I have, that this gospel is true. That Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer, and that there are prophets on the earth today and that the Book of Mormon is THE best book on this earth. Oh how I love that book! My previous companion, Sister Wilde, and I memorized "The Living Christ." We had the opportunity to recite it as a dinner message to a few members before she left and I testify that the words in that declaration of our Savior are true. It feels like it's now my words, my testimony.
 
I hope you all have an amazing week and that you continue to live every day for the Lord! Don't ever forget your purpose. Study the scriptures and pray every day, go to church every week, be obedient, and go to the temple, and I promise you you will be blessed beyond comprehension! God bless you all!

Love, Sister Platt
#1,001
#Godisgood

No comments:

Post a Comment