Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Words from Elder Ryder Nielsen in the Philipines

" I am doing really well. I guess there just hits a point when you decide to leave it all to the Lord and push forward with an open heart and open mind. You take in every experience good and bad and realize the Lord is trying to shape you into the man he wants you to become. Especially the bad experiences although you may suffer for a moment by the time it is over and you have endured you learn spiritual truths that otherwise would not have been learned or understood. The mission is His school ground for spiritual growth.

This week was very good. One thing i like about my new companion is we are always on the same page. We relate so well with each other and we have had about the same experience in the mission so his fire is burning about as bright as mine. He really has a passion for the work and the Gospel. Our pride has been set aside as we try to truly understand each others points of view when it come to studying and preaching the Gospel. That has made the biggest difference, although we aren't the best in speaking the language the spirit can work through us because we have unity and vision before each appointment. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father and the Savior for reaching this point in my mission. Every moment has been a blessing. Even from my last hug with you guys at the curb of the MTC, every moment i can look back and see the hand of the Lord in helping me to this point. I am feeling kind of sick to my stomach with how fast time has flown by they say a missionary's first year is like the first climb of a roller coaster and then you hit your year mark and the last year is the down ward fall. I know there is so much left for me to accomplish i cant imagine it ever coming to an end. One thing Me and Elder Washburn have been focusing on is setting smart goals and then doing everything possible to achieve them. It has been a great tool for our effort and enthusiasm. Elder Washburn and his family are really good family friends with Brent Overson's family. Also my senior year when we played Camp Verde in the playoffs for football we played on their high school football field. He said he remembered the game. I had to laugh their always seems to be connections back to Saint Johns no matter who or where they are from."

No comments:

Post a Comment