Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Words from Elder Jake Zieler in Canada

"this week has been awesome hearing from all my friends who have served and who are serving missions. thanks so much for the examples! so this week, me and my companion were knocking on doors one day and I wasn't having the best day. but we ended up knocking on a members house who didn't go to the same ward as us. he invited us in and gave us some water. he looked like a young guy and we just started talking. he asked where we were from and my comp told him boston and they talked a little about that. then he asked where I was from and I told him from a small town in AZ. and he's like what town was it? so I told him St. Johns. and he said no way? do you know where eager is? and I started laughing. he served his mission in the Tempe mission in 2008. RV was one of his areas and he had been to SJ a few times. then I was trying to figure out if he remembered any names from anybody. and he said do you know randall raban? his dad is like a principal or something. so I told him about my relationship with the rabans and he just kept talking about how nice they were and such good people they are. then he asked if I played football for SJ and he kept talking about the huge rivalry and said you don't know a rivalry until you go to those small towns in Arizona haha it just made me so grateful to have grown up in the town that I did. I love the people that live there and for the example they set for people around the world. that conversation definitely made my day better! I guessed he baptized this girl named Sammy Newton from rv. I know of her and I think Tyler Johnson used to date her, but I'm not sure haha but it was way cool having that conversation!"

No comments:

Post a Comment