Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Words from Sister Kortlynn Herring in Japan

 
"Hello! How are ya? I'm doing great! I'm exhausted! We had temple
pday this week, which is why my email is a day late! I LOVE the
temple! It's so amazing, and we are so blessed to live so close to
one! Sounds like everyone is doing well! I got letters from the
moores, and my lovely family and the ward young women's and it was
great! Thanks so much! You are all so wonderful and loving, and I'm
so stinking blessed! Thank you! Grandma Carol, thanks for writing
every week, it means a lot! I really enjoy reading Emily post
etiquette! Thank you family for all your love and support. I'm sorry
I'm lame and don't have much time, but I wish I could write you all
back individually, but just know I love and appreciate you!

So this week was good. We are able to meet with Akimoto San, Hiroko
San, Andrea, and a couple of less actives. Akimoto San is amazing!
She just has to overcome her struggles with the Word of Wisdom, and
tonight we have another lesson, super pumped! Hiroko is one of my
most favorite people! She is awesome! She is moving right along,
just has a fear of he change that baptism brings. But, she will come
around as her faith is strengthened. Andrea is from Brazil, and we
teach her English and the gospel. Yesterday we had an awesome lesson
with her, where the spirit was mecha felt and tears were shed, as the
spirit entered the room and testified to her heart that she has a
father in Heaven who loves her, and hers her prayers. It was awesome!
We were able to teach one of my favorite less actives about one of my
favorite things to teach, the Plan of Salvation! Her name is hosoya
Shimai and she has been less active forever! But she is so ready to
come back, and it's such a blessing to be a part of the process.

Eikaiwa has been super miracle filled lately. We have been having
lots of people come and lots of them are willing to hear about the
gospel. I love Oyama, the people here are great! Oh, so aunt Anna
mentioned getting proposed to, well, the creepy men in Oyama have a
thing for me, I now have two proposals, and many men wondering if I
have a boyfriend or time on Friday night. Awkward! They are all
either old men, men who aren't there mentally, or foreigners. Haha!
It's always an adventure when working around the train station. Don't
worry, I was only tempted for a moment to say yes....something about
his gray hair and missing teeth just got to me! Hehe!

So, today we got to go to the temple, and then a zoo! I got to spend
some time and see a lot of people that I have come to just love! The
sisters in my mission are amazing!!!

So ya, that was a bit about what has happened to me recently. You
know, the usual, me just being in awe of how amazing this work is and
how blessed I am to be a part of it! I love you all! I hope you have
an excellent week! Dad congrats and good luck! Family, I know you
will do great in the new ward! Change is hard, but so amazing! The
more people you meet and have relationships with, the more you are
able to learn grow and change. I have met some of my greatest
friends, right after changing from something I didn't want to leave.
It's going to be awesome! I love you all! The church is true! The
Book of Mormon is great! And Heavenly Father always answers our
prayers! Keep it up! Love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment