Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Words from Elder Jake Zieler in Canada

"Hello Family and friends! this week has been pretty good. we finally have our own apartment that we moved into it but unfortunately its in North Vancouver and our area is West Vancouver. we definitely have seen some awesome miracles! there was a quote that says, " I don't believe in miracles, I depend on them." and the longer I've been out here, the more I've come to know that its so true as a missionary. its pretty awesome to witness. I know I've only been out a little over 1 month, but if I look ahead of time, it seems like forever until I get home, but when I look back, I can't believe it's already been a month! days go by like weeks and weeks go by like days! haha I can't believe Austin is getting home this week! that's crazy!!! so yesterday at church, we saw a huge miracle. this lady walked up to me and my companion and said," I'm an investigator for the church, where's the gospel principals class?" so we showed her where it was and got to talk to her for a little bit. turns out, she just moved here from Columbia and has a sister who is a member. she's been taught by missionaries and decided to come to church on her own! and she lives in our area! we have an appointment set up and I know she's going to get baptized. I hope all is going good for everyone. here in Canada, I've already picked up a little slang like eh, washroom(instead of bathroom) and a few other things. the only huge disappointment I have besides milk being 6 bucks a gallon, is someone from SJ told me that the donut shop Tim Hortons was better than krispy kreme. I was so pumped to hear that, but unfortunately, they're just as good as getting a donut on a donut run to wilburs during seminary. so I wasn't impressed. I can't believe school started today. where did summer go? well please keep sending your prayers this way and thank you for everything!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment