Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Words from Elder Tyler Johnson in Kansas

"Fun week this week! We had a baptism and it was so great, I can honestly say it was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have ever been to. After the baptism the Mellingers ( the couple that got baptized) stood up and bore their testimony and how they feel now that their search is over. They used these words " we finally feel at home" (as tears were streaming down their cheek). The feeling of the experience was unexplainable. I can testify that any person in the room could feel the presence of a light surrounding them rekindling a particle of faith that they have of god, and creating a stronger desire to learn about him and follow him. Their testimony helped me and my desire to receive a better understanding of this gospel. A desire to share it and obey it, to get out of the way and let my father in heaven guide me and my thoughts and acting upon them. " Agency is powered by Faith". As we act in faith we are acting as agents. Agents are to be acted not to be acted upon. We all have a choice to follow our savior as did the Mellingers. Them coming across road blocks in their life questioned their faith in this gospel. Is it true or not? I know that acting on a righteous foundation that is good will always bring a consequence that will also be good. we may not recognize the good that comes from that action until the trial of our faith is over, then comes the increase of faith and knowledge. I am so grateful for the mellingers and them making the decision of baptism. I get to see how happy they really are now, it builds my testimony and strengthens my faith that this gospel is true."

No comments:

Post a Comment