Monday, August 11, 2014

Words from Sister Kortlynn Herring in Japan


"Oi, in case you are wondering means hello in Portuguese. Before my
mission I could only recognize Spanish, maybe, but in japan, with a
bunch of people, I have now been exposed to Portuguese, Chinese,
Korean, Thai, Spanish, and Nepalese. Wow! Haha! Japan is, awesome!
Everyone, thanks for all the emails! I love hearing from everyone!
You are all amazing! Keep being rock stars!

So, this week, well you all keep asking about Wendy, so I will tell,
she is struggling right now. She hasn't been meeting with us for some
time, and she has had lots of different things come up. Please pray
for her! This week was both good and bad. We weren't able to meet
with everyone we wanted to, summer is hard, because everyone leaves,
especially now because this week is a special holiday in japan where
everyone goes to their home town and visits their ancestors graves and
pray and gather as a family. Kind of cool. I love the respect they
have for their ancestors. But we were able to meet with Hiroko and
Niimura San. It was awesome, as always! Hiroko San is so sweet! She
fed us lunch, we got to try ratatouille, and it was yummy! Then we
were able to talk a lot about the savior. That's my favorite part. I
love being able to introduce people to the savior, people who only
have heard of his name, but don't realize how much He loves them, and
what He did for them. Helping them realize that is amazing! They
can't believe someone would love them that much, to suffer, and
provide a way for them to overcome. I love bearing testimony of the
Savior.

Then we taught Niimura San. She is such an amazing person, but she
decided that she can't get baptized because she would have to give up
a lot, so she reads the Book of Mormon and prays, but isn't willing to
progress. But she loves gospel music and we were able to sing with
her, which was awesome! We bought her a small hymn book when we went
to the temple and she was so excited to get it. Music is super
powerful! I love the effect it has on people. Amazing! And the
effect it has on me. I love music!

Life continues to be amazing! We meet cool people everyday,
interesting people to. A man told me that I look like princess padme
(sp?) Natalie Portman, and it made my day. Not sure how true that is,
this man also claims to talk to spirits, but we will go with it.
Haha! Let's see, on the not so spiritual side, I continue to improve
in ping pong, and I'm excited to practice at home. Haha!

Missions are the best! I love you all! This truly is the lords work!
Chan, Rexy, and Anna keep rocking it! This is amazing, I love
serving with all of you. Family, keep it up at home, keep being the
awesome member missionaries I know you are!

Love you lots! Say your prayers, and read your scriptures, everyday,
it's the small things that count!

Stay cool and dry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment