Monday, September 1, 2014

Words from Elder Bo Mullenaux in Santa Rosa California


"What a crazy week! Transfers are on Tuesday. My companion is
getting transferred and my new companions name is Elder Stoddard. This
morning the AP's sent out another email with revised transfers. They
made changes last night and so it has just been a little crazy around
here! Haha I am so glad I am staying though. I am crossing my fingered
that I will be here for 6 months. That usually doesn't happen though.
I guess we will see!
We have been teaching a girl named Rhea. She was planning on
getting baptized on the 23, but decided to get baptized where she is
going to school in Berkeley. It's ok, as long as she stays strong and
and is numbered among the righteous through baptism! We have found
some really awesome people this week! The Spanish sisters referred us
a kid named Jacob. We stopped by his house last night. He is so cool!
He used to be a Jehovah's Witness but some stuff happened and now he
just wants to learn what we believe. I am really excited to teach him.
Also, school is starting on the 25th so a ton of people are moving in!
It is exciting. A lot of old investigators are coming back too. It is
going to be the best transfer ever!
New beginnings always help me refocus and set new goals to better
myself. We had a really cool experience the other night. Every Sunday
night we get all the district leaders together where they report
numbers and we just go over things. At the end, we try to have a
little lesson to boost them up. This specific topic was the sacrifice
of leadership. We talked about what Jesus Christ sacrificed and what
we have sacrificed. We discussed Matthew 10:39 and how we could loose
ourselves in the work for these short 18-24 months. Then we had
everyone, including ourselves, write down everything that they loved
back home. Of course mine was hunting, fishing... Etc. haha :) and
then, after everyone had made their big lists, we challenged them to
take them back to their apartments and burn the papers. The spirit was
really strong and we all set goals on how we would all put EVERYTHING
on the altar of sacrifice and loose our life in His service.
I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who does care about
us, our struggles, our weaknesses, and our progression. I know that
our prayers are heard and answered. Faith and obedience are also huge
parts in that. I know that Jesus Christ has suffered for you and me
and everyone in this world. Even if it was just YOU alone though, He
still would have given His life. I love you all so much. Thanks for
all the love and support! I couldn't be doing better! Have a great
week!"

No comments:

Post a Comment