Monday, September 1, 2014

Words from Elder Shad Lindsey in the Ukraine

"Hey ya'll, this was apretty awesome week for us here in the good ole Украина! Its been raining for the past days or so, so we've been soaked all day, but its been awesome. I love the rain. Yesterday was also ukrain's independence day from the soviet union so that was pretty cool to talkl with everyone about it and stuff here. Everyone says "Slava ukraaina" and you respond by saying. "Geroev slava!" That basically means glory to ukraine, and glory to the heroes. Kinda cool right? The culture here is just awesome I think. Last week the elders quorum president talked to my comp and I and was kinda gettin mad at us cause we havent beed doing our home teaching. The thing is that no one told us about it! So after him kinda tearing us down for a little bit, we decided that we were gonna get 100% by the end of the month. We looked at the list and we have about 10 in active families, and 3 of them live at least 1 and a half hrs away. At first it was kinda discouraging, but then it was motivating and we're still gonna make it before the end of the month.


We stopped by one family who live in a little village about 2 hrs away on tuesday. They were super nice and welcomed us in. Its just a mom and her 3 kids cause the dad is at work most of the time. But we had a nice little visit together. we picked some apples for em, then left. It was a cool experience. I felt love for them instantly. Especially the kids. I am so grateful for the savior, and for his love for me. I feel his love most when I am out doing good and talking with people. It doesnt really come to me in any other way. But when I try to be like him, I feel so close to him. I just want to learn how to love everyone the way he loves me.



We also had a ping pong tournament on saturday and it was pretty good. we had a lot of new people come and we all just had a pretty good time. Ukranians are the most intense people you'll ever meet. They are so competitive and hate losing. But then after the game, they are so chill and funny. Its so funny to watch.



Well I love you all have a great week."

No comments:

Post a Comment