Monday, September 1, 2014

Words from Sister Kortlynn Herring in Japan


"Greetings from the cool city of Tokyo, and I mean cool! The weather
has been so nice! So nice in fact my body was shocked, and I got a
cold....but hopefully I will be better soon! This week was great!
We received a list of less actives from the bishop and we have been
focusing on them, and we had a cool miracle. So, we went to this
house of a lady named Kunito Shimai. We knocked, or rather rang her
apartment number once, twice, and usually we stop at twice, but I felt
like we should ring one more time, so we did, and she picked up. We
told her who we were, and she buzzed us in, came out, and I think she
was surprised when she saw us, I don't think she realized exactly who
we were, but that's ok, cause we were able to talk to her. Turns out
she hasn't been to church since she was 10, (she is 36 now) but her
family is all active, she has a younger sister serving a mission and
everything. We talked a bit about why she hasn't been to church and
she really opened up, and we were able to testify of the the love that
God has and how we can all receive our own answer from him through
prayer. The spirit was way strong, and she cried! I feel terrible
being happy that someone cried, but they were good tears and it was
way good! She said we could come visit again and I'm excited to begin
working with her.

Let's see, oh we had another miracle! So, we were visiting an
investigator, named Mina and while we were talking with her outside
her shop, this cute old Japanese lady came up and started talking to
us. Apparently she knew Mina sans family and was curious about us.
She took us to her house and talked to us a lot. We have another
appointment with her this week. Super excited! I love cute old
Japanese ladies! They are the best! She originally was interested in
English, but we talked a bit about the work that we do as volunteers,
as missionaries, and she was super interested in that. Japanese
people really find it fascinating that we come to japan for a year and
a half and don't work and teach people. So, we are excited to give
her more of the reason why we became missionaries.

The people here are so nice! And there are people everywhere! In all
my other areas we had to do a lot of housing and it was hard
contacting people on the street, but in this area, all it have to do
is leave my apartment, and walk down the street and there are people
to talk to! It's awesome! And they have all been super nice! It's
great! I love it!

So, we don't have very many people to teach right now, or at least
people who are willing to meet regularly, but there are a lot of
people with potential. This week we are hoping to meet some people in
the area book and around to see of they are ready and prepared to hear
the gospel and come unto Christ! Life truly is awesome!

So, to answer some questions, we get referrals occasionally, but
mostly we go out tracting, streeting, hand out eikaiwa flyers, and
talk to as many people as we can each day, and invite them to learn
more, or come to church, or to the activities we offer. We also like
to visit less actives and talk to people around those less active
homes. There is also a beautiful park/lake right by the church that
we go to and talk to people at. It's really fun. Like, I'm really
enjoying myself. I really love my mission and the opportunity that I
have everyday to meet someone new and invite them to learn about a
message that has blessed my life and made me super happy. I'm so
grateful for all of you! I love you and pray for you constantly!
Keep being wonderful!

Love,

Sister Herring
へリング姉妹

P.S. Tomorrow is my last zone conference! And I am giving my final
farewell testimony! Ah! And my last zone conference is in Urawa,
which is where I went to my first zone conference. I can't believe
it! Time goes by way to fast, but it's way cool to see how much
things have changed since that first zone conference in Urawa.
Anywho, just thought I would share a random feeling and thought, love
ya!"

No comments:

Post a Comment