"I found out I'm being transferred to Charleston, WV to
serve as a zone leader there. Both Elder Wagstaff and I will be
leaving so we've been scrambling to get everything in order and see
everyone before we leave. I'm excited and nervous to be a zone leader,
I'll be over twenty four other missionaries and a really good area.
I'm hoping I can keep up, from what I understand there will be a lot
of training so it should be good. I'm kind of scared to death about
it. I'm not sure what my new address
will be but you can send it to the mission office since I'll be pretty
close. My new companion will be Elder Mackleprang, and I've met him
before and he's super nice."
Below is a letter that was sent to Garrett's mom from a Sister Rubinol who knew Garrett from the MTC. Sister Rubinol is serving her mission in the Farmington,NM mission. The letter recounts a training with Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. It's good!

"Hello :) Holland Days is over but the things that he shared are still
> swimming aroung in my mind. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I
> have had on my mission and there is no way I will ever forget the things
> that Elder Holland taught me. I am so thankful that I am serving a mission
> and have 18 months to focus 100% on my Savior and on the eternal impact that
> the gospel has in the lives of everyone I meet. Here are some of the things
> Elder Holland shared with us, and i would be selfish if i didnt share them
> with the people i love the most (which is you, reading this email)
>
> "Pay whatever price you have to pay." Serving a mission isnt about you, its
> not about what you can get out of it. this is your one time to turn your
> life over to God, dont waist it thinking about how tired you are, how
> uncomfortable you are talking to strangers, how friegtend you are of thier
> reactions, none of that matters.
> "Never be less than you promised the Lord you would be." I have promised to
> leave EVERYTHING behind and focus on things that will matter for time and
> all eternity. I promised to have and eye single to his glory.
> "Be the missionary your family thinks you are. They, and the rest of the
> world, have the right to think you are perfect."
> "Step up and STAY up" Its one thing to stand up for something you know to be
> true. Its another thing to stay standing when trail, opposition and
> temptations come.
> "We are lead by a wounded captain" Jesus Christ's resurected body is NOT
> perfect, He chose to keeps us "engraven on the palms of His hands"
>
> Last but not least He shared his strong desire to learn everything he can
> about the Savior of the world on Sunday. Me and sister Jessee where sitting
> in the front row and he pointed at us:)) this is what he said
>
> "I would walk on lava! I would drink and chew and eat broken glass...to
> learn more about the son of God...and these sisters (points to us) are
> giving 532 more pages of it! how could someone be so dead, how could a heart
> be so calused" to reject what they are offering?
>
> He was crying and i was crying and tissue was being passed because it is
> such a true statement. Jesus Christ is the only perfect person that has ever
> lived on this earth. How can you "find Him" just once. How can you "know
> Him" and not want to learn more? I learn more about my Savior everday and
> like Elder Holland i can never get enough. I hope i NEVER learn every sinlge
> thing there is to know about Him, I want to continue to learn and grow and
> try everyday to follow His example. I fall short everyday as a missionary
> and i will continue to fall short throughout my life. But that doesnt mean
> that Im a failure. That means Im going to try again tomorrow. Change isnt
> comfortable or easy or fast, but it is worth it.--
>
> Endure to the End"
> Sister Rubinol