Monday, September 1, 2014

Words from Elder Chandon Herring in Washington DC


"Well I will start with a summary of last monday through the week to
now. But first I think i will talk about the little things like comp
unity, my "feelings" etc. I do like E thornton but i am super excited
to have a new companion. There are some things that I disagree with
but we are still good. I am good at hiding my emotions... >:) I am
loving it here but I really feel like i need to be working harder.

Monday last week. We lifted in the morning and for some reason it was
an off day. I am not near what i used to be to start off then i have
an off day... depressing... But it got a lot better when we ordered a
pizza at Costco. It was great to talk and
eat pizza. I bought a huge bag of flour at Costco with some vanilla
and sugar. It came in handy on Pday eve. We came home and we wrote
home.

Tue. We did legs in the morning and i felt like Jello. It was
GREAT!!!!! We had a great day and E. Thornton talked a lot about his
woman at home. It is so funny hearing him talk about it. Cracks me up.
We had the ward FHE and an investigator came. Her name is Joyce and
she is really odd. But super nice. I love her. She is really good at
making Jewelry. I got your package today and it was super nice to
snack on some goldfish :)

Wed. We lifted and did arms. it was a good workout. I could barley
wash my hair when we got home! We had a great study time and when we
were watching a talk by Pres. Monson I could feel my testimony grow on
how I know that he is a prophet of God! He is an incredible selfless
man who is out to serve The Lord. He sets an amazing example that we
all need to follow. We got some juice from Sis Luna. (she just blends
fruit, sugar, water, veggies.) it changes everytime but it is always
good! We had Ward coordination as well and Bro. Harding gave us a copy
of the book he wrote that is going to be published and sold through
Deseret industries. It is called Passing through the field. I am
excited to read it.

Thurs. I gave my first spiritual thought at District Meeting. It was a
little bit from Pres. Eyrings talk Act in all Diligence. It was great.
I love that talk. We had a great meeting and I, in role plays, learned
yet again the importance of being bold. It gets work done and is more
easily received. I was tired today as well. we lifted this morning and
when it was dinner time i just took a power nap instead of eat. It was
great to be re generated. I was so much better after. We went to teach
Anita, the less active. We went with the Raybacks who taught Anita
while we took the children outside. She needed a girl to talk
to. Thank goodness for Senior couples. They are the best. By the end
of today we easily biked 30+ miles as well. good day.

Fri. Today when the alarm went off to go lift at 4:30 E thornton got
up, turned it off, and as he lays back in bed said it was up to me. So
I said. "ok." and went back to bed :) It was great! I love sleeping in
to 6:30. We had a quick study and then off to help the North Elders,
Hart and Porter, with a service thing. We moved a few dressers outside
and as I was carrying some shelves that weighed about 5 lbs total she
thought I could not make the turn around the corner and she prayed out
loud that I would not get hurt but be humbled and realize that I am
not the macho man I thought I was. Wow... She is nuts to. We saw Holy
Water everywhere and she is obsessed with demons. so funny. I made
Missouri cookies during lunch real fast. Super good :) Then we called
and set up a full day on Sat. and visited Sis Onyeka. She is really
liking me :) She came to church on this sunday to! and did not strip.
All went well.

Sat. Our super full day went to poop. It rained really hard ALL
day!!!! We had everyone cancel and one Elder was shot. jk He was
biking in it and slipped on a steal grate in the road. Busted his
shoulder bad. not broken but has an appointment to see what is wrong.
He has almost no use of his left arm and a massive bruise on his left
side hip/thigh. Like my ankle color after Bridgets stairs. We only had
one lesson not cancel. It was with a LA named Sister Galloway. She is
great. Not sure why inactive but she is progressing.

Sunday. We had early meetings because E thornton is a DL. It was fun
sitting there and not being allowed to talk. Church was good to. WE
had the Colemans come. They are Adelle, Her brother ben, and sister
Benjamina. It was great and SIs Onyeka came!!! She really needs to
have someone wanting her to come. If she has no person wanting her and
building her up she does not come. She is super lonely. We did not get
much done after church. We planned and when the day was over and Pday
eve began we made cinnamon rolls and played Munchkin!!!! Hurray!!!
They turned out great and I sadly lost at Munchkin. That is my new
favorite game.

Monday. We woke up, lifted, and after lifting we were going to go to
the Mint. But Google maps lies and it took us to the wrong building.
So we came home and decided to try a new road. We picked one that
seemed fun and we found the biggest hill and longest hill in DC. It
was so fun!!!! What a joy ride. We played some more games while we
waited for Laundry and dumped water on E thornton. It was great!!!!

So yes life here is going on super fast and I am loving it. We are
having success and are going to hopefully baptize the Coleman family.
We will try to put them on date this transfer. We talked a liittle
about it last time we met with them and their dad wants to read more
before he commits. which is good. So ya... thanks for all of your
support and love. I love you all and am super proud to be a Herring!
Love You All!"

No comments:

Post a Comment