Monday, September 1, 2014

Words from Elder Tyler Crosby in Tonga


"This week has been a pretty good week. We received a lot of investigators and taught a bunch of lessons. We met a lot of really good people and possibly a baptism this week. I am very grateful for the help we have received from the members. They do a lot for us missionaries. Especially that they feed us twice a day. I know a lot of other missions dont have that so I am very blessed. its really a blessing to be serving out here and to be learning so much. I really liked the quote my grandma sent me today so thats the one I will put in this email.

Ordinary missionaries know exactly how long they've been out. They might even keep a little calendar so they can keep track. Counting time isn't evil or bad, but it is rather ordinary. (Alma: 26:5)

Extraordinary missionaries also know how long they have been out, but this knowledge fills them with a sense of urgency. Every morning they want to get up, get out, and get to work. THEY ARE MORE INTERESTED IN MAKING TIME COUNT THAN IN COUNTING TIME.

Ofa Atu! Lots of Love from Tonga"

No comments:

Post a Comment