Monday, November 25, 2013

Words from Sister Eevanna Brown in South Carolina Columbia Mission

 
I received the news that makes my heart sing! I get to stay here in Marion Branch for another 6 weeks!!!! Sister Daniels didn't get her visa and she is staying and we are getting another visa waiter, "Sister Gearhart. Sister Daniels knows her from the MTC and they are both going to Brazil. Its really great for them, because they get to have that hour of language study practicing together, and I think that snuck out of the whole thing with the best deal, I get to have two hours of personal study!!! I have had that these past six weeks and it has been amazing. So I will be in a trio... I am grateful for the opportunity, because I definitely need to learn how to be more humble and meek. It is amazing to me that the Lord has offered me the second chance to be a better companion to not only Sister Daniels, but Sister Gearhart too. The icing on the cake is that we all three have been called to be Sister Training Leaders too. Ha the Lord really must want me to be humble ha! I am so grateful for the opportunity. It is neat, because I want to do a lot of things differently than how I did it (hen I was one my first couple transfers on the mission. It is fun to see the progress I made, line upon line. I want to be the leader the Lord wants, not the one I want. And I have great examples to look to, Marisa and her service, Dad and his delegation and people-skills, and Mom with her sweetness and sincerity and many more.

      My heart is continually singing! We have the sacred privilege to go to the temple again! Our zone hit our goal again and we have the blessing of going. I am so happy beyond words. Kendale came to church again yesterday! He is hard to get to open up, but he said it was good. He turned 31 a couple days ago and we gave him some banana nut muffins. Ha the poor fellow had made himself a cake and it was raw in the middle :) He is so child-like. Thank you for your prayers for him. His baptism is less than two weeks ago and he is struggling quitting smoking and understanding why he should live the law of chastity, but his heart is continually softening. In Gospel Principles he gave the closing prayer and it was so sincere. Those are some of the greatest moments, hearing those simple prayers of faith from those you teach. When he comes to church, he walks into the chapel and already has "his spot" ha oh I love it. And a less-active couple that we have been working with the Elder's Quorum Presidency came to church too! We have been seeing the Lord pouring out blessings. Just when I think that it can't get any better, it does. It always somehow does. The times when I am being a chump or times when I am tired, the Lord still blesses me, ha sometimes with the gentle rebuke from the Holy Ghost, yet it is blessing, one of the greatest kind actually. This talk reminds me of that, "Being Accepted of the Lord"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment