Monday, November 25, 2013

Words from Sister Heather Patterson in South Carolina Columbia Mission


"This week has been rather challenging. We have a lesson tonight with the Harmon family. They are the sweetest family every. I have been fasting and praying constantly for them. I am so scared because I want them so badly to feel the spirit. We are having the lesson in a member families home. They are the Mayos. I love their family. So please include the Lindsay and Corey Harmon in your prayers. I got your Halloween gift!! and was overly happy for the candy. Sister Gearheart is much like me in that respect. She was very excited for it:)

We Zone training meeting this past week, and I cant believe how many amazing missionaries are in my mission. They are in all reality the best missionaries in the world. I felt the spirit so strongly. That is one of the things I have come to realize lately is the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Honestly I am not worthy of that gift always, but I can rocgnize when it is with me. Elder Ah Kui talked about The Saviors ministry and how he visited the sick and the afflicted, the struggling and perishing, and he healed them. We are asked to do the same. Who amoung us is perishing? Who amung us is sick? Let us follow the Savior and seek them out, and bring them to Christ. Bring them "the pleasing word of God that healeth the wounded soul." Jacob 2:8 Linds, please go reach out to that little girl. Bring her to church, be her friend. I have a tesitmony that we are the servants of the vineyard. We are here for such a cause. To help bring souls to Christ. Jacob 5: 71 " And the Lord of the Vineyard said unto them: Go to, and Labor in the vineyard with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myslef against the time which will soon come." God promises us that we will have joy if we labor with him. I have never experienced greater joy than that of serving others. If you ever want to know just how much God loves us, and he has in store for us, study Jacob five."

No comments:

Post a Comment