Monday, November 25, 2013

Words from Sister Elese Hauser in Illinois Chicago West Mission

 
"What a beautiful week it was! They call this week, the Indian Summer because it gets really warm for a couple of days so that the farmers can gather the last of their crop before it really gets cold. And so we had 60 degree weather this week and it was perfect for missionary work! But yes, we had a really bad storm yesterday! We had to stay in doors in the morning because there was a tornado warning! It was so exciting!!!! My companion got a little worried, but I found it rather fascinating to watch the road become a river :) And then it cleared up right before 11:00 so we went on our way to church.

This was a rather tiring week. I feel like these past 2 months have been exhausting! And we haven't been able to find anyone to teach. Its been rather hard to not get discouraged and to not lose faith, but we continue to work hard. Because I know that when all is said and done, at the end of the night, if I can say that I labored in the Lords vineyard with all of my heart, might, mind and strength then I know that I did my best. And the rest I leave to the Lord. We hardly had anybody at church yesterday because of the storm, but we're hoping this next Sunday we can get more less actives and investigators there. We had some great miracles week with the members! I have been waiting my whole mission to get the phone call from a member and say "I did it! I finally invited someone to hear the Gospel and they said YES!!" And this week, that call finally came. It was a dark Friday night, at about 9:00pm. We were headed home down State St. when we got a phone call. Sister Spendlove answered and we could hardly say Hello before the member was telling us this story about how she was at the Chicago Temple and she was leaving when she saw one of her friends in the waiting room. Her sister was getting sealed and this lady was a long time co-worker and friend to our member. So they talked and it was the non member who said "I think i'm ready to learn more about this gospel. When can we meet?" Well, how about now is what I would have said!!!! But the member scheduled a time and we'll be going over to her house soon. I am just so grateful for the blessings of the members. I am on my mission to help the members do missionary work, not the other way around. And so we have personally extended Elder Ballard's invitation from conference. He said " We are not asking everyone to do everything. WE are simply asking that if every member, young and old, will reach out to just "one" between now and Christmas, millions will feel of the love our Lord Jesus Christ." And so I want to invite you all to do the same thing. Sit down in FHE or something and make a list of some potential people you could share the Gospel with. Remember, they don't have to be your best friends. And then just tell them about your weekend and what you learned in church. I can promise each and every one of you ( and I don't even know who reads my emails!) but I know that when we are on the Lord's errand, we cannot fail. We succeed when we invite. Feel of the love our Savior has when we share Gospel, and invite someone into your home to hear the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And when in doubt, bear testimony of the Prophet Joseph. I love this Gospel and I love the peace and joy that comes only from the Gospel. I hope you will all take my invitation seriously and pray for who you could share Gospel with. don't pray that I will be able to find those searching for the Gospel in this area. Rather, help the missionaries in your area find those searching. I love you all!!!! Have a great week:)"


No comments:

Post a Comment