Monday, July 28, 2014

Words from Elder Jake Zieler in Canada

"Hello family and friends!! week one in Canada has been good, but will take some getting used to! my companion is from Boston and he's really cool! he was originally called to Vancouver Spanish, but then got called to be my trainer and open up a new area in English. our area is West Vancouver. we've been working really hard and every door we've knocked on has been at least over $2 million. the most expensive one we've knocked on was not anywhere under $40 million. the work is hard when you try to tell a multi millionaire that we have a message that can bless their lives. but its all good! for every house we knock on here, there's a baptism in Mexico or Brazil:) we still don't have our own place to live so we've been staying in North Vancouver with two other Elders. I feel bad for everyone there because I eat a lot more than them and the food goes pretty quick! but they're really nice about it. working out in the mornings is pretty tough when we only have 30 minutes but I guess i'll just have to get used to it. Yesterday we knocked on some lady's door and had a very interesting conversation about how she believed that dogs were God. it was weird. when I was dropped off at the airport, I though I got on the plane to china! but it turns out, i'm really just in Hong Couver. so many Asians!!! anyway, I hope everyone is doing good and please send pictures and let me know how everyone is doing!! oh and if you'd like to send letters or packages, send it to PO Box - 149 Point Roberts, WA 98281-149. its way cheaper and I think a little faster haha so thanks!! love you all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment