Sunday, July 20, 2014

Words from Sister Heather Patterson in South Carolina

"Well, I was transferred to a small town named Walterboro. My area is huge but there is just a small Branch here. Its ghetto...literally. The Branch is so cute. There is so much poverty here and it is so humbling. I absolutely love the people and the Branch, but I am a little overwhelmed at how on earth the Lord thought that I was the one of the missionaries that should come and help these people. It has helped me desire to be a more obedient and better missionary. And I am excited to try my hardest and wait for the Lord to reveal his arm. I gave a talk in church yesterday. The second one in my entire mission (success) and they asked me to talk about what excites me about my mission. I chose to talk about change. I love change, and I love repentance. I talked about how just coming on my mission wasn't enough help me become a better person and missionary, it took work and repentance and change, and I related that to how just coming here to Earth isn't enough to prepare us for life after death. We need to constantly be trying to stretch ourselves and do things that we normally wouldn't do. My favorite thing to ask myself is, "Does it help me develop faith in the Savior," if the answer is yes, then I should do it. lol :)"


No comments:

Post a Comment