Sunday, July 20, 2014

Words from Sister Kortlynn Herring in Japan


"Hello! Chandon, just a comment, you are spoiled! The 4th of July in
D.C! Wow! Ok, that's all! I can't wait to compare our missions
though, it sounds like you are tearing it up! Anna, you too! Crazy
cool miracles! Sexy rexy, you 3! Wow, cool that we are all
missionaries! Anywho, this week was great! I LOVE Sister Carrasco!
She is way cool, and we just laugh. Her Spanish is already way coming
in handy! For example, the other day we were housing, and in japan,
you push a little ping pong thing, usually a camera, and they say
"hai" or yes, and then you talk. Well, we ping ponged a house, and
the first thing we hear is "si". What the?! I'm in japan, right?
But Sister Carrasco just tore it up and was able to speak Spanish with
this lady from Peru. I bet the lady was surprised too! There are SO
many people from South America here! And now, being able to be with
someone who can communicate is great! We also were really able to
help Wendy, and a couple of recent converts/less actives this week.
Aunt Steph, I'm Pretty bummed we can't skype anymore either, but thank
you so much for all you did! By the way, Wendy is pretty sick, please
pray for her to be able to get better, so she can again begin taking
the lessons, and get baptized. She really wants to get baptized, but
she has been In And out of the hospital :(. Poor thing!

We also had a couple of great lessons with Hiroko and Yasuko San.
They are great and progressing. We did a lot of walking, while
waiting for Sister Carrasco's bike to get here, but it was great, and
we talked to a lot of people. I really love working here in Oyama.
The members are so great! We went and visited a bunch of less actives
that live way far away with Takayama Shimai, and afterwards had dinner
with Kosaka Shimai. By the way, grandma carol, I have a favor, do you
by chance have the music for "when Christmas comes to town" from the
polar express. Kosaka Shimai is learning English, and she loves that
song because she says it reminds her of Christ. If there is anyway
you could send the lyrics and sheet music, she would be over joyed.
She also wants the lyrics to the Christmas song, if you could send me
those lyrics mom that would be great.

It's been pretty hot and humid lately, but so wonderful. I have been focusing on the greatest lesson I have learned so
far, the power of love. When we have love, everything else works out,
and we are happier. Perfect love casteth out all fear! I have really
felt Heavenly Father and Christ's love for the people I come in
contact with, and when I focus on loving them, everything goes better,
and I find myself happier. I'm so grateful for this experience, to be
able to come closer and just fill myself with this love. I'm so
grateful for all of you, and the love that you have always given and
shown to me! I love you all, and hope you have a fantastic week!"

No comments:

Post a Comment