Monday, July 28, 2014

Words from Sister Kortlynn Herring in Japan


"This week was a good one! Um, to keep
everything straight in my head, I will take you through my week. Been
a long time, ne!

Monday-pday, normal stuff, email, cleaning, and good stuff. We taught
Yasuko, but I told you about that last week, it was great.

Tuesday- we did smile Dendo and it was great! Then we went and
visited less actives with a member. Takayama Shimai is awesome!!! I
love her! She of course took us out to my favorite ramen place. She
is great! Then we got to visit a less active, named sato Shimai, who
we are visiting again today. She needs help, she doesn't realize how
far she is falling, because she isn't doing all the little things. I
have such a strong testimony of personal prayer and scripture study.
So important!!

Wednesday- we did some finding and Facebook, followed by eikaiwa! I
love eikaiwa, it's so fun, and such a great opportunity. My white
hand board hand writing has gotten better, lol!

Thursday we were able to teach Wendy, Hiroko, and a less active. So
great! Wendy gets it! It's kind of fun teaching someone with a
testimony of Jesus Christ, she just needs to understand the
restoration and how important it is. That's not quite clicking for
her. But she is doing well. Hiroko is awesome! I love her! We
talked a lot about faih. She wants to do what is right, but she is
really nervous to take the step of baptism, because she is afraid it
will be to much if a change and she can't go back to her previous
life. But I adore her! We also had some weekly planning. We also
had a great zone meeting, we got new pamphlets that will really help
us when teaching!

Friday- we taught Wendy and Hiroko again! Yay! We got a referral from
Wendy and ended up teaching her, and setting up another appointment
for this week. She is from Thailand. Cool! And Hiroko San is
awesome, had another great lesson, just trying to strengthen her and
help her have more faith. Followed by ping pong and music night.
Sang a hymn I had never heard before, loved it!

Saturday- we did some more smile Dendo and talked to a lot of
interesting people. 2 were um, well let's just say it was a bit
awkward. Then I talked to a kid who was super Buddhist, which was
refreshing. Japanese people say they are Buddhist, but know nothing
about it, and he actually had faith, which was cool. Let's just say,
I got to learn a lot about Buddhism. He was super into us, and he
wanted us to convert. He actually converted from Christianity to
Buddhism. Rare, yes! But we were able to talk a lot, and teach him
the Plan of Salvation. All in all great! Then we took a member a
birthday present and got to meet her daughter who isn't a member, and
invite her to a dinner we were having that night and get to know her
better. So cool! Crazy miracle that we were able to meet her!

Sunday- wonderful church. I got to translate in Sunday school for a
member from New Zealand. It was hard, but kind of fun. I loved the
teacher, so it was fun saying things the way I think she would say
them in English. Then we got to so see fireworks with fusako San, a
PI and eikaiwa student. The fireworks were great, and I will send
pics!

All in all a great week! This work is true! I love being a
missionary! And Oyama is great! I love all of you! Thanks for the
examples you are to me! Keep it up! Love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment