Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everyone!

So, I don't have like any time but I want you all to know how much I love this mission! I learned something really cool this week. I read a talk by a previous missionary and he said the way we gauge the success of our mission is not by the number of baptisms. While those are great, they're not the main reason we're on a mission. The way we gauge the success of our mission is by obedience. And it's the same thing with life! It doesn't matter how much money we made, or how many toys we had, or what callings we had, or how many honors we received. All that matters is that we're obedient! Obedience brings not only temporal blessings, but eternal blessings! It really is all about obedience. When I come home from my mission, the one thing I want to say honestly is that I was obedient! If I do my best, follow the mission rules, and love my mission and the Lord, that's what matters the most.
 
So, this week one of the cool things that happened is Jeff received the Aaronic priesthood on Sunday! It was truly a blessing to be there for that and to feel of the spirit and to see the joy in both their lives! This work is truly amazing!
 
Something really fun this last week is we had sister's pday. So all the sisters in our zone came out to Strasburg and we went and played with donkeys at the donkey shelter and then went to the railroad tracks and took pictures by a huge bridge. It was super fun! Today, our whole zone is coming out and we're having another bonfire. I love this zone! So many amazing missionaries here doing the Lord's work!

Also, some of the greatest miracles I've seen here are the members! Seeing them catch the spirit of missionary work is wonderful! We had a Young Woman bring her non-member friend to church yesterday. She's been reading the BOM and the Strength of Youth Pamphlet. We asked her if she'd like to take the lessons and she said she'd let us know! Crossing my fingers and praying really hard!

Well, that's all I have time for this week. I hope you all have a wonderful, missionary-filled week! Please continue to support the missionaries serving in St. Johns and please remember, they're not perfect! We've had a couple of members here get offended at us over the silliest things and it's really sad. So please, give them a break and help them in any way you can. We're young (well, I'm not so young...) and stupid and ignorant! :) :)

Love you all and God bless you!

Love, Sister Platt
#Godisgood
#1,001

No comments:

Post a Comment