Thursday, December 12, 2013

Words from Elder Bo Mullenaux in the Califonia Santa Rosa Mission



"Another week has come and gone. It just seems to go faster and faster. This week i will hit 6 months! I know that this past 6 months and the next 1 1/2 years of my life will be ones that i will look at for the rest of my life. I am so glad i made the decision to serve.
This week is transfers! I am so excited to be staying here in Vacaville for at least another month and a half. My companion is migrating all the way to Winters. My new companion is still in the MTC right now probably not having a clue what's coming ha ha. I love having the opportunity to train because i know that i learn more than the new missionary. It will be another humbling experience.

So i heard an analogy this week that i really love and i know is true. Our testimonies are like us going up a down escalator. If you want to make progress, you have to keep walking. not just walking, but walking faster than the escalator. If you stand still, or walk slow, you will move backwards. The same with our testimonies. If you continually work to strengthen your testimony you will make progress. as soon as you slack off. it starts to go the other way. It starts to become weaker. That is why something as simple as reading scriptures and praying daily makes the world of a difference. Those small and simple things are how great things come to pass.

I love you all so much. I'm so thankful for all of your love and support. I hope you all have the best week! But really, that's up to you :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment