Monday, December 30, 2013

Words from Hermana Amanda Greer in Chile

 

"Well I am leaving this beautiful and cold city of Punta Arenas. I have had a wonderful 6 months here, and I´ll catch my flight to Entrelagos Wednesday morning. I have a mixture of emotions. This is my mission; Punta Arenas is the only place I have known as Hermana Greer. I love the people here. I am really going to miss the members and my investigators. (and I might have cried a little as a said goodbye to a few people)
>>> I had a great week. I loved seeing my family and talking to you guys. Thank you so much for your support, love and prayers.
>>> The other day we went to a plaza in downtown Punta Arenas with our zone and drew the plan of salvation with chalk. It was so fun, and a great way to be able to contact people and teach them about the plan of salvation. And a miracle happened! There's a lady I met my first week here in Punta Arenas. We had a good lesson with her, but her land lord wouldn't let us pass by on another day, but I found her in the plaza and we taught her the plan of salvation and now have her number.
>>> We had a lesson with a less active lady, who's mom is like the pillar of the ward. We taught about the temple and we are going to help her make it there one day(the plan is in one year, because she wants to be able to pick up her son who is serving a mission and go to the temple with him). I love her, and I love her parents. I am going to include a picture of them.
>>> Friday was an interesting day, a little bit more difficult for me then the average day in the mission.(but still a great day, because its not possible to have a bad day as a missionary). I was very happy for my sister/best friend/ best-person-in-the-world to get married to an amazing guy. I am so very happy for them. Also we finally found Jovi, and she told us in the door that she doesn't want to get baptized and she needs to focus on other important things in her life. I was dumbfounded, and didn't know what to say. But then I was just filled with so much love for her, and sadness with the thought of her not having the happiness of this gospel in her life. So I shared my testimony with her and I really felt the guidance of God as I spoke with her. I told her how I know that I have felt the spirit with her, and I know that she has felt it too. And that I know that what we have shared with her is only going to bless her life, and strenghten her relationship with God.
>>> We have a lesson planned with her today. I really hope she is there.
>>> Also, Friday is usually the day that they call to tell you send your bags when you are getting transferred out of Punta Arenas, so I was in a slight state of unease waiting for the call that was going to tell me what was going to happen with my life.
>>> I loved Christmas here. We had a great week.
>>> I am happy, and am excited to meet the wonderful people of Entrelagos. I am sure I am going to see many miracles there, and that Hermana Teeples and her new companion who are going to stay here in Punta Arenas are going to see miracles with the people I love here."

No comments:

Post a Comment