Monday, December 30, 2013

Words from Elder Spencer Lee in New York, New York Mission

 

"After President Morgan spoke we said a closing prayer and headed into the gym to have dinner. Now let me repeat, there are 250+ missionaries to feed. A senior couple, Elder and Sister Hohosh were in charge of the food. The Christmas devotional was the Hohosh's last day in the mission, they are military relations couple for West Point military academy. They serve in the Newburgh Zone and have been a great friend to all the missionaries that have served with them, it is sad that they will be leaving. For the dinner we had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, and rolls; they fed us like kings! While we all ate they had a slide show going of pictures that missionaries had sent in from the entire year of 2013, and what a great year it was. So many memories, so many friends made; this mission has been such a blessing to me. Now let us remember that I was at last years Christmas devotional......yup, that is how old I am!

I truly am grateful to be a missionary, to be in the best mission in the world, and to rub shoulders with some of the best people the church has to offer. This Gospel is true, I can't believe I did not see it before; only took me 20 years to finally open my eyes. This Christmas season is about our Savior Jesus Christ and his birth. This time of year is when the entire Christian world gathers together as families and celebrates His birth. This is going to be the 2nd Christmas away from my family, but it will also be the last Christmas away from them. I love my family more than words can express, I miss them everyday. Seeing my family again will be an indescribable feeling, but I can't think about that now, there is still more that I need to do here in New York. :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment