Sunday, December 1, 2013

Words from Elder Shad Lindsey in the Ukraine

 



"This week was another incredible week. I saw so many miracles its just amazing. It makes me think that God always works miracles, we just don't always take the time to recognize them. At least I didn't before my mission. But I am beginning to see the love that God has for all of His people. Especially the people here in Chernigov.

Elder Copling and I had just got done contacting around town, and we were heading back to the church to warm up (it is getting pretty cold) and plan our lesson and stuff. We wee almost to the church when we saw these two guys standing outside it. We talked to them and invited them inside and stuff. They are the coolest guys ever! There name's are Alex and Anton. They heard that we had a message about Jesus Christ, and wanted to learn more about it so they just showed up at the church. So we gave them the first lesson right there. It was an incredible lesson. They excepted everything and they both wanted to read the Book of Mormon. We have another lesson with them tonight, so I am super pumped for that.

 Man I don't even know what to say. I love my mission! It is definitely hard, and the language is really challenging, but Жизнь Хорошая!(Life is good)

I had a few opportunities to give blessings this past week to people who were in desperate need of help and comfort. The priesthood is real. It is such an honor and privilege to hold it. And it is such a privilege to be a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ. Especially to serve in a place like Ukraine, where the people (whether they realize it or not) are in such desperate need of the hope that the Gospel brings into people's lives. It is sad when people make fun of us or call us bad things. Not because I am offended by what they say, but mostly because they don't know what there missing out on. The Gospel of Jesus Christ was created to bring us joy and happiness. I see it more and more everyday."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment