Monday, December 30, 2013

Words from Elder Shad Lindsey in the Ukraine

 

"Well, it doesn't seem that long since I wrote my last letter, because our last P day was on Wed. for Christmas. I hope that you guys all had an incredible Christmas and enjoyed spending time together with your families. I know it was great skyping mine!
These last few days have been really good! We have just been doing good old fashion missionary work!! I love the members here in Ukraine. They are all so solid and their testimonies are the strongest testimonies I have ever heard. Its just such a privilege to serve such incredible people. Man, I wish you guys could just listen to the ward here singing Christmas songs! They all sing so beautifully, and they love singing Christmas songs!!!! Russian is such a beautifully language, I wish you guys could listen to everyone sing!!

I am so thankful for all that the Lord has blessed me with. I realize that I take all of the blessings God has given me for granted. The people here don't have hardly anything, but they have the gospel and that is all they need. They are just so humble, and so faithful because they aren't distracted by all the material things that I was before my mission. Words can't describe it, but I love these people so much.

Well, New Years is coming up, and that means that there are gonna be even MORE drunk people then usual. Its crazy because there are a ton of drunk people just on a normal day. So we have to be in by 6:00 instead of 9:00 like usual. Well we have a lesson tonight with a member referral!! His name is Roman, and he seems like a super cool guy. We also have a lesson with a family later on this week, so please please pray for them! I know that the Lord has blessed them to cross paths with the missionaries, and we just want to help them come closer to Jesus Christ and our Loving Heavenly Father! Well I love you all very much, and I am so thankful for all that you have done for me. Happy New Years!!!"

-Старейшина Линдзи

No comments:

Post a Comment