Thursday, December 12, 2013

Words from Elder Shad Lindsey in the Ukrane



"I hope you are all doing great back home in Arizona. I am doing so good here in Ukraine! I love being a missionary. Words can't describe exactly how I feel, but I absolutely know that the Lord's hand is in this work!
 
I just wanted to send a quick letter and talk about a few of the things that I have learned since I have been out here in Ukraine. First of all, I know that miracles are real. They happen all around us, but we sometimes just don't take the time to recognize them. At least I didn't. They may not always seem so profound or significant at the time, but the Lord truly does work miracles everyday. For me, they may be when I just have a good conversation with someone on the street. Or when I help some little old Russian Babyshka(Grandma) carry her bags for her. At the time they don't seem like anything at all, but the impact that we have on people will always remain. There are so many people who have come to church just because the missionaries have done service for them, or were just nice and respectful to them. I am learning how important it is to be a good example because we never know when someone may be watching us.

Something else that I have really come to appreciate is the help of members and missionary work. The last area where I was in, when I first got there there only 40 members that would come to church on a really good day. But for 2 transfers we worked together with the members and with the help of the Lord we were able to bring a lot of new investigators, and even more less actives back to church. Yesterday, was my last Sunday in that area, and when we counted how many people were at Sacrament meeting, we counted 60 people!!! You cannot imagine the joy that we all felt when we realized how many people were there. We couldn't believe it! We had to count 4 separate times! I am telling you all that the missionaries had nothing to do with it. It was all the members. They worked together with the missionaries and we were able to bring 20 of our dear brothers and sisters back to church in just a short amount of time.

I would challenge you guys to never miss an opportunity to share the gospel. This truly is the Work of Salvation, and the Lord needs all of our help. So talk with the missionaries. Invite them over and give them names of people to teach, and I promise you as Representative of Jesus Christ that He will shower blessings upon you. I have seen it firsthand, and I know you will too.

I hope you all know how much I love you, and I pray for you everyday. You are an incredible ward, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for my family. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you guys have a great time with your family and friends."



-Старейшина Линдзи (Elder Lindsey)

No comments:

Post a Comment