Monday, December 30, 2013

Words from Elder Garrett Anderson in Brazil

 

"This week has been great. I think after a year i might finally be getting the hang of it out here. I have also miraculously started keeping a journal now. I think i have written for 3 days straight which is a miracle because i do not like writing at all.
Before i forget let me tell you a story. So last week at about midnight as my companion and i were sleeping, there was a really loud knock or someone pounding on our door, followed by a weird sound like a moaning sound. After about 5 minutes of the pounding i woke up, my companion had already been awake and i was pretty out of it not knowing what was going on. As i got out of bed i turned on the bedroom light and told my companion we need to answer the door and see what all the ruckus was about. As soon as i turned on the light my companion got really nervous and was telling me to turn the light off quick and get back in bed he also told me to keep my voice down and i was wondering why he was being all weird. After about 5 more minutes the pounding stopped and then my companion went on to tell me how this is what robbers will do. Late at night they will go to a house and then ask for help or something like that and then rob you. Its pretty messed up and if it were me and another American, i am pretty sure we would have opened the door.

Well i have had some good experiences, not everything has been about robbers. I finally watched the movie "17 Miracles" which is about the pioneers and their journey to Utah. It was one of the best movies i have ever watched. After the movie was over i felt very ungrateful because of how easy i or we as members have everything in the church today. Although we still do have challenges and struggles and the world is more wicked now than ever before, we have the tools necessary to combat this evil.

In this month's Ensign, there is an article by President Henry B. Eyring that is titled, "Family and Friends Forever". This article is perfect and explains how we can share the gospel more with are friends and how thankful they will be knowing that we have shared something with them that is so important to us.

I hope all of you have a great Christmas, that it is full of joy and lots of gratitude for the birth of The Savior into the world. Love you all."


No comments:

Post a Comment