Monday, December 30, 2013

Words from Elder Kade Garner in the Peru Lima West Mission

"Christmas Eve or as it is called here La Noche Buena was something new and fun. We had pday that day, but we had to start working like every pday at six in the evening. We had a baptism this day. The baptism was so cool. The whole time fire works were going off in the background as if to celebrate the birth of Christ and the covenant one of His brothers was making with our Heavenly Father. Every message related back to the importance of Christmas. I do not know if I have been to a baptismal service where the Spirit was that strong. Everyone should get baptized on Christmas Eve.

 Other than that, the week was kinda slow. We did however have another small miracle. We found one of our investigators who disappeared for a time. We had an appointment that we were late to but I had a feeling to take a different route. This route took us past the house of Mery. As we walked past her house she saw us and invited us to talk to her. She is a 50 year old woman who lives with her 30 year old son and his girlfriend. She had gone to Arequipa for some business but is now home. We had a lesson with her and set a new baptismal date for the 11th of January. She is so excited and so am I. She is a great person who works a ton. We are just praying that she will be able to find a new job that will give her more time to go to church and enjoy herself.

 That was basically my week. I was just thinking about the week to come. We have new years which means new goals. This year I have decided to make no goals that benefit me. I want to only make goals that will benefit others. I was thinking of goals that God would want me to set. I have made a few and already set them into place. I am just going to rely fully in the Lord this year and I know that I will accomplish the goals that I have set and made with my Heavenly Father. I hope this year will be the most prosperous and rewarding in my life so far. I know that can only be if I make the year one that keeps me focused in what the Lord wants rather than what I want."

No comments:

Post a Comment