Thursday, December 12, 2013

Words from Sister Elese Hauser in Ilinois Chicago West Mission


 
"Hello Everyone!

Well we had a very eventful week with many ups and downs. But overall, it was a busy, but good week for us in Belvidere! Well, Christmas is fast approaching. I honestly haven't even thought about being able to Skype home. So transfers are one week from tomorrow but we'll find out this Saturday night what's going to happen. A few weeks ago I was terribly nervous that I would be the one leaving one week before Christmas. But this week I had the feeling that I probably will be the one going but I think its time. One thing my trainer taught me is that you can feel when its your time to be transferred. And if I'm completely honest with myself, I think its time. That doesn't mean that I want to leave at all!!! I love Belvidere with my whole heart. The members are fabulous, but we'll see what happens. And so with transfers being the week before Christmas I have no idea what time and if it will be calling or Skyping. They may let us Skpye from our iPads, but we'll see. So next week let me know what works for you. I do believe we are one hour ahead of you and so remember that. But we are allowed to call from our cell phone or to Skype and I would prefer to Skype. So next week let me know what time works for you. And Mom- what is your Skype name so I can look you up?

Well it snowed about 3 inches last night and its pretty cold today. The picture i'm sending is of me with the coolest ear muffs ever!! They really do keep your ears warm. I didn't even know that they made ear muffs like that anymore! And that's my big puffy winter coat. I don't think I've ever owned a coat so warm, but its already in the negatives here. And Mom, those tights you sent me are like warm awesomeness on my legs! So thanks for the package:) I will look for your Christmas packages next Tuesday when we have transfers.

Well this week we were able to teach this awesome family that was a referral from a member. And it was the most awesome lesson! We taught them about the Book of Mormon and invited them to be baptized and they said they would!! I could feel the Spirit so strongly as we testified of the Book of Mormon. As I reflect back on my mission, and my life, I have realized how much the Book of Mormon has healed me. When we deepen our own conversion of the Book of Mormon then that is what leads us to want to share it with others. As I have emailed home about missionary work, and the how to, I want you all to know that being a true member missionary comes first from reading the Book of Mormon. President Fenn always teaches us that a doctrine Satan does not attack is not worth teaching. Think about how much the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith are attacked in this world. That's because they're the most important things in our Gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. And nobody can ever take that knowledge away from me. I have seen miracles come about because of that book, and there is no better thing to read, ponder, or to pray about in this entire world. I know that the message we have is the most important message anyone will ever hear in their life. We have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We offer Salvation. And we have the greatest gift to give for Christmas, the knowledge that God speaks to us today. That He loves us, and that love is unfathomable. So share that precious gift we have this Christmas season, what a better gift to our Savior than to share His love with all of His children. Well we received a call last night from this family we taught earlier this week. They are having extensive medical problems and the Dr, has told them to not add any more stress to their life, so they want to hold off on the lessons. I think my heart broke a little bit last night. What this family doesn't realize is that baptism will help them. Having the Holy Ghost will comfort them. And reading the Book of Mormon will bring an enormous amount of peace into their lives that will help with any problems. When I found out last night I just wanted to run over to their house and start teaching them the Plan of Salvation. Everything will be alright! We aren't sure what to do at this point.. But you can all be my witness that we will not give up. This is too amazing, too much of a miracles to just walk away. From the moment I met them I knew they would be baptized and it will happen, you can all be rest assured.

This week was also Stake Conference and President and Sister Fenn came and spoke. The Saturday night session was for ages 12 and up and it was all about missionary work!! I felt so proud as our mission President told all the missionaries to stand up and then told all the members that they can trust us with their friends. I know that member missionary work is the only way this work will succeed! So don't give up! This work is incredible. And I am so grateful for all your support! I love all so much!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment