Thursday, December 12, 2013

Words from Sister Kortlynn Herring in the Japan Mission

"Now for the bad news, we had transfer calls this morning and my beloved Palmer Shimai is leaving me! I'm quite upset about it, but it's ok. I'm so glad I get to stay in Sanjo! And I found out that I will be getting a new missionary this next transfer. What?! I still don't speak Japanese yet...but I will ganbaro! I will try my best. I'm trying not to worry or stress about it to much, because I know that the Lord is with me every step of the way, but lets face it, I'm scared. It's going to be great though! I'm super excited to see what's gonna happen!

 Now, this week was a great one! We taught a bunch of lessons and everyone is progressing pretty well. We have a lady who is so ready for baptism, there are just a couple, well one major obstacle. But we are hoping to have her ready for Christmas!

 So this is my week;
Tuesday: Taught Sugawara Shimai and had lunch with a recent convert. I LOVE them! Then did a little finding and talked to a less active lady who is super nice! We are hoping to set up a mogi lesson with her.

 Wednesday: Had District meeting and really focused on preparing our investigators for baptism. The best way for that is to set up correct expectations. Then we ate lunch at this super yummy place called well, it's not really called Soil, but that is what the elders called it and I like it, so Soil and it's this awesome pasta and waffle place! Yes, I said past AND waffles! SO YUMMY! And it's in the back of this super old/new Japanese building. It just has a cool atmosphere. Was super fun and even better the waitress is now a PI and she is interested in the book of mormon! Yoshi! Then we had splits that day and I did some caroling with a sister crane from Niigata Shi. Then we had Eikaiwa, (English class) and it went really well! The students are awesome and we had a newer student named Angela and she also became an investigator!

 Thursday:Had lunch with an investigator at a members house. It went great! Then we visited an American who is here teaching English and she is really nice and we are hoping to have a good discussion with her about the Bible and the Book of Mormon.

Friday: Taught quite a few lessons, all went super well. The best one was when we went to lunch at soil again..(hehe it's SO good!) with 3 investigators from Eikaiwa. It went SUPER well! We were able to teach them all about the Book of Mormon and there is one named Yuki who I absolutely LOVE she has been an eikaiwa student for like 20 years and has done the whole missionary thing a lot, but she told Palmer Shimai and I that we make her want to read the Book of Mormon! PROGRESS! Yay! Then we helped a Less Active with her English class and that was great. She really opened up to us and now we understand more of why she isn't active anymore. I love that lady she is so sweet and loving. I just want her to feel Heavenly Father's love again.

 Saturday: Taught Sugawara Shimai again about the restoration then had oyster pasta which was yummy! Then we headed over to our family of investigators. The Kokai family. They are SO cute! Their situation is complicated so they can't get baptized, but Kokai San has her family pray together! Without us even asking her to! She has so much faith and desire! I love her!

 Sunday:Gave my talk in church, and Palmer Shimai and I sang Mary's Lullaby. Not to brag, but we sounded really good, Palmer Shimai has an amazing voice! Then we had dinner with a family in the ward. The Nakagawas. I LOVE them! They have a little boy who just got baptized and he reminds me so much of Cody boy! We really bonded and we are best friends now :) I love that family! The food was super yum too! And we got to teach a less-active and a recent convert that night about the true meaning of Christmas! I love this time of year!

And the today Palmer Shimai needs to pack and then tonight we have music night! Super fun stuff! Mom, I got my coat and boots! Thank-you so so so much! I also kind of got the other package, but the Elders have it because it was forwarded to them instead of us. But they are giving it to me today. BTW if you send by amazon they can't forward it, so I have to pay the shipping cost to get it up to me, so if you could use the post office that would be better. Thank-you so so much! I LOVE the boots! :) And ya, that was my week. It was wonderful. I'm super sad that I won't have palmer shimai with me anymore, but I'm so excited to see what this next transfer will bring! I love you all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment