Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Words from Elder Shad Lindsey in the Ukraine

"Man it sounds like you guys are all doing so good! I love haring your stories and how good everything is going. I am doing good over here. A lot of you asked about what is going on here in Ukraine so I guess I can kinda talk about that. The country is trying to impeach their president so they can join the Euro union. It's kinda crazy right now in Kiev because all the protester's, but don't worry because we are all safe! We just aren't allowed to go into the center of KIev, which is kinda good because I hate going there anyways! haha

But really, I am doing so good! I love the new ward that I am serving in. It is weird serving with a bishopric, and all the Elder's quorum counselor's and stuff, but it is awesome! I know that the Lord needs me to be here. We have already made a lot of plans on how we can strengthen the ward here.

On Thursday we were able to give a blessing to these 2 ladies named Larisa and Irra. Irra is about 40 years old and is paralyzed. Larisa is her mom and she takes care of her. It was so incredible to talk with such humble people. They both were just so grateful that we took the time out of our day to go and meet with them. I had the opportunity to give Irra a blessing. It is hard to put into words the things that I felt, but I felt an overwhelming sense of joy. I knew that Heavenly Father loves her. It truly did feel like HE was blessing her through me. I didn't use any big or eloquent words. I just said what I felt I needed to in as good of Russian as I could, and I felt the Spirit so strongly. It was an experience that changed my life forever. I know that the priesthood is real, and that it works in accordance with people's faith in Jesus Christ.

I have been really trying to learn as much as I can about Jesus Christ in my personal studies. I think I have always had a testimony of Him. I mean I always knew that He was my Savior, and because of Him, I could return to my Heavenly Father. But that testimony I had, is being strenghtened so much. It is like I am just rediscovering truths that deep in my soul I have always known. In a sense, that is literally what I am doing. It always amazes me to think that not very long ago at all, we were all with our Heavenly Father. Not very long ago, all we wanted to do was to return to live with Him again. We even fought a war in Heaven for that same thing. And then you see how fast and easy it is for people, including myself, to get distracted. I read an awesome verse in 2 Nephi 26:24. I encourage all of you to read it because it is awesome!! Everything Jesus Christ does is for us. HE finds the most joy in making sure that we are happy. A lot of people say that in our church we have too many commandments like the word of wisdom, tithing, and etc, but they are only there to make us happy. Obedience to all of these commandments, exact obedience, is how we will find the most happiness.

I don't mean to sound all intense, but I felt inspired to share that with you all. MY mission is super fun though! The other day I helped these kids make a huge snowman and then we got into this huge snowball fight it was awesome. It was cool because afterwards we were able to talk to their moms about God's plan for families. Everyday seems like it is always just so fun. Days are definitely hard, but we always try to be having fun, because missionary work would be so hard if we didn't have fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment