Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

This week was something else! The best lesson I learned this week was probably seeing blessings come from obeying the spirit and keeping our word. As we continually strive to do what's right, blessings and miracles are placed before us. Ones that we would have missed otherwise!

One night, our day was running out of time, and we were looking for someone to invite to be baptized. As we were diligently searching, we ran into this woman on the street. She was very friendly and her name was Andra. We talked to her for about 15 minutes. She was a member, but less active. She didn't believe anymore in some of the teachings of the church. She was walking across town to see her brother. She had just gotten in a fight with her boyfriend, and was having a difficult time. We talked to her for a bit, and then we brought up how God gives us trials, but nothing we can't handle. She started sobbing, right there on the street. It was so sad! It was really hard for me not to cry with her. But she just expressed to us all of her feelings, and we tried to comfort her the best we could. We bore our testimonies of God's love for her, and offered to help her with anything. She said she was fine, and thanked us for talking to her. Then she continued on her way. It touched me so much. I knew we needed to see her for a reason. I knew that as we were obedient in seeking to invite someone to be baptized, we were able to be where the Lord needed us to be at that time!

We had a lesson with one of our investigators this week, and taught about the commitments we make at baptism and the Gift of the Holy ghost. As we were talking about how to recognize the Holy Ghost, and the comfort it brings to us, I felt prompted to share with him and his less active mom  how we were prompted by the Holy Ghost to go knock on his door. His mom started crying. I knew she was feeling God's love for her, and I knew that she knew God was watching over her and her son, leading his servants to their home. The spirit was so strong, it was such a great lesson!

We really did see a bunch of miracles this week! They were small, but they were definitely there! Sorry I can't write all of them! I don't have enough time! But know that there are blessings and miracles out there!!!!

I am so grateful for my mission. I am soooo blessed to be able to see miracles and blessings, and people's lives change every day! I love my mission so much. This gospel is prefect. I know our Heavenly Father loves us, and watches over us. He knows our needs and our concerns! He wants to hear from us; pray to Him! 

Thank you all so much for everything! I love you all!!!
Love,
Elder Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment