Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Words from Elder Shad Lindsey in the Ukraine

hey whats up ya'll!

This week was awesome! It was Easter here in Ukraine so it was the best week of the whole year. Easter is by far the biggest holliday in Ukraine. There were tons of people everywhere and  a lot of families to talked to. It's really cool, on Easter day everyone greets eachother by saying, "eecuc vockrec!" and you answer it by saying, "Vo ictinu vockrec!" 3 times. It means Jesus is risen and yes, He truly has risen. I love the culture of this country. They really understand the meaning of Easter. So we contacted a ton of people and talked to them about the real meaning of easter and stuff. We found so many nice people. It really was a super awesome weekend.

We also were able to do a lot of service. The weather has been super warm, so it was nice. People are starting to plant their gardens and stuff. 

ALso yesterday, we went to a party in a little village(thats why I didnt write yesterday). and guess what? I saw the Clark family from Brovary!!! It was so good to see all of them again. We had a really fun time playing games and stuff with all the kids.

I felt this week that God loves me and knows me. I know I'm not very good at typing and stuff and I'm sorry for that. I know a lot of you have a lot of questions and stuff about my mission and I'm not the best at explaining things. But I want you all to know that I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I believe in Him and I want to be like Him. I am so grateful that I have this chance to get to know my Savior in a more personal way. I can't describe it, but I know He is there. And I just want to find those people who are ready to receive Him. It's like a fire in me that just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I know there are people here who ar ready to receive this message. We've just gotta find em'. After my mission we can all talk and I'll answer any questions you guys got ok? 

I love you have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment