Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Olo everyone!
So, I got transferred. I'm SO sad to leave Strasburg! Oh how I love that place and the people there. Church got cancelled yesterday because of the bad weather, so I drove around trying to say goodbye to all the people that are so dear to me. I only got to see about half of them, but I'm glad I got to say goodbye. What an incredible place! I'm so blessed I got to spend 1/3 of my mission there. God really knows us well and is always trying to bless us!

My new area is in Arapahoe, which is just north of Parker (my first area). My ward is the Fox Hollows ward and it's the smallest area in the mission! I went from the biggest area to the smallest area! And the ward is pretty wealthy so all the houses are really nice. I honestly feel a bit out of place! I'm a country gal, so I miss the dirt and the mud and the dust and the small, country living. But, I'm here on this mission to learn and grow, so I'm sure this area will stretch me and I'll learn a lot. My companion is Sister Wilde and she's from a small town (the size of St. Johns) in Canada and she knows how to drive wagons too! I'm sure we'll get along just grand. There's not much missionary work here to do, she's told me, so we're going to try and focus on member missionary work this transfer and really help the ward. It kind of feels like Parker again, but I love working with members so I'm excited!
 
I got to Skype with my family and a dear friend yesterday and it was wonderful! I'm so grateful for technology and that we get to talk to our families as if they are in the next room! I finally got to Skype with Hannah too and that was a tender mercy. I love my dear sister and am so proud of her and the missionary she is. I'm so proud of all missionaries that come out and serve! It's not easy, by any means. But it's totally worth it.
 
I want you all to know how much I love this gospel and this work! Honestly, I don't think missions really ever get easy, but we do get better at the work. I'm still not that good, but what I love about being a missionary is even though we're awkward and not the best teachers, the spirit makes up for what we lack. Thank heavens for the Holy Ghost! He teaches people in ways that we never could and I'm so grateful to have him with me always.
 
I hope you all have a wonderful, missionary-filled week! Remember, please don't pray for the missionaries to find, but please pray that you can find people for the missionaries to teach. Members are awesome and I have a testimony of member-missionary work!

Love you all and God bless you!

Love, Sister Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment