Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Words from Elder Ty Blank in Alaska

March 31
So this week was a way good one and a lot of stuff happened!
I went on exchanges on Wednesday and that was a lot of fun! My district leader and I get along really well. We had a lot of fun, but also stayed working all day! It was a great day!
So maybe I should explain why I am emailing on Tuesday instead of Monday. So Yesterday was Sewerds Day up here in good ol' Alaska so all the libraries were closed and so now here on Tuesday emailing! It is kinda different. So yesterday was super fun! We went on a 3 mile hike to a place called echo bend and then we had lunch there which was hot dogs and chips! Then we played some football and some ultimate Frisbee! So you could say it was a ton of fun! After that we hiked back 3 miles and went and played some basketball at the church! It was probably one of the best P days so far on my mission!
So this week the man that was baptized a few weeks ago Doug got the priesthood! It is so cool to see new members get the priesthood and now he is super proud and just so ready to serve! That was a big plus for this week!
So on Saturday we went on another exchange, this time with the zone leaders and I again left my area and was coming around the areas! It was a great learning experience for me!
So Wednesday we did some service at the same place we did the hike, so we then had to hike 2 miles in and carry some huge boards for about a mile! It was kinda tiring! It’s ok though! It was a way fun service! I love doing service and we do a lot of it so that is great!
So the ‪#‎becauseHelives‬ initiative is out and I am so excited to continue to spread the news about How Christ lives. He lives today and He is our leader. He broke the bands of death so we could all live again. For this I am grateful. For the knowledge that I have and can spread! It is kinda just awesome!
So the people we are teaching are going well! We have 3 people on date for baptism here pretty soon! I am so excited! Other then that the work continues! It always has and it always will! It cannot be stopped!
I love you guys!
Elder Ty Nolan Blank
April 6
Hey!
So this week was a good Easter weekend! Not a whole lot to report though! Considering I feel like Tuesday was yesterday! This week has flown by like no other! It is crazy when you focus on obedience then you have way more fun and also the week and days go by way faster!
So we taught the usual people this week! We ended up teaching some of the commandments and we are lucky the spirit was there for most of the lessons because each time we taught the people we are teaching had to make a choice to change their lives to follow these commandments! Teaching is kinda stressful in those moments! As Long as we teach with the spirit though and Let it guide our thoughts and actions all is well!
Friday night we took a kid who is getting ready for his mission out to some houses and we had a lot of success getting into houses we haven't been able to get into in a while! It was a lot of fun! I love talking with and working with youth that are getting ready to leave!
So you could say we had a miracle yesterday! Well kinda! We woke up and it was snowing! I liked it! It was a nice change of pace from everything melting even though it all melted by noon! Kinda reminds me of AZ!
So I loved General Conference this year! It was amazing! Each time I feel like they are talking straight to me! I think one of my favorite talks Was Bishop Causee’s Talk! It was way good! Anchor your Faith in the plain and simple truths of the gospel!
So other than that not a whole lot going on! Just working hard!
We had an awesome family to spend Easter with and that was a blast! We had a great dinner and it was awesome!
I am really close to half way! I hit 10 months on Saturday!
Keep learning and living and loving the gospel. I have seen it change so many people’s lives including mine! It is the only thing that instills a lasting change in the hearts of the people! Keep growing in it and keep loving it! Watch, love, pray, and wait!
I love you guys!
Elder Ty Nolan Blank

No comments:

Post a Comment