Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

Hey!! We got transfer calls on Saturday, and guess what? Guess! Well.......the Ammon Zone Leaders are going to be....Elder Otto and Elder Dart!!! Wooohooo!! We are both staying, and we are SO excited. We have had so much fun together, and the best experiences. We will now cover one whole stake with 8 wards, and a part of another stake with 3 wards. It's gonna be super busy, but nothing we can't handle with the help of the Lord. :) 

Missions are absolutely amazing. I am so blessed to be a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. It's been an amazing experience, and every day gets better and better. I remember at the beginning of my mission when it was sooo hard to wake up in the mornings. How I was so scared to talk to people, and do missionary things. Now I am so happy to say I jump out of bed with faith, instead of fear! I know that God is with me, and he will provide miracles and safety for us as we are obedient. Missions are soooo fun. For reals! The gospel has changed me so much. And it's such an easier change when I align my will to the Lords. How grateful I am for the Atonement!!

This week was wonderFALL! It has been gorgeous outside with all of the different colored leaves. And guess what?! It snowed a few times, and it was so happy! Life gets so much better when we appreciate the little things. It makes bigger things even better. It's been an amazing journey as I have come to realize all of the many blessings we have been given. Every little thing is a gift from God, and we must treat it as such!

We had zone training this past week, and it went VERY well. The spirit was way strong, and the training's we gave were directed by the spirit so perfectly. We put a lot of effort into it, and it turned out great. My confidence in my Savior has increased dramatically within the past few days. He truly is the rock of my foundation. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me!

Our zone had 5 baptisms this weekend, so we are super pumped! Our goal is 17 for this month, and it looks like we are going to reach it! We have so much potential, in our areas and in our hearts. A few days ago we set a date in our area with a kid named Daniel! He will be baptized on Dec 12th! It's pretty exciting- he has a great story. (For another day). We have so many people who are being prepared right now!!

I did my first baptism interview the other day! It really was an awesome experience. She was so ready for baptism, and it was super spiritual. The Sisters teaching her have had a lot of companionship struggles lately, and it's been amazing to see them work things through and have a success past few weeks before one of them goes home. They are solid sisters, and so it's no wonder they had 2 baptisms on saturday. I love learning from the examples of other missionaries. It helps me evaluate myself and learn what I can do better.

Well, I have to go, but I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week, and remember how much Heavenly Father Loves you!!
Love,
Elder Otto


No comments:

Post a Comment