Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Words from Sister Brittany Platt in Colorado

Wow, sometimes I'm just technically challenged! Haha.

So, yes, transfers were this week and I'm staying in this area which I'm just thrilled about! I have found that there are many reasons why I need to be here, still, and I'm grateful the Lord is trusting me with this area - even though I make so many mistakes! My companion, Sister Smith, got transferred - which I was really bummed about because she's awesome and we were doing such great work! But, I got one of her daughters that she trained as my companion, Sister Dennis, and she's so awesome! I feel really blessed. I've have wonderful companions my whole mission. Either I'm doing something good or I'm doing something bad....I'm gunna go with the good... ;)

Anyhow, this past week was wonderful! Lee is getting baptized on November 21st!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!! Miracles. I can see such a difference in her from when we first taught her back in Strasburg. She's much happier and cracks a lot of jokes. She's still pessimistic, but how much I love her for it! I seriously want to adopt her and bring her home with me after the mission! The Spirit has worked wonders in her life.

Sofia is doing great! She came to church on Sunday!!!! Miracles, miracles. She only stayed for the first hour, but she loved it. We stopped by yesterday since we won't be able to teach her this week (she has a huuuuuge karate competition) and we met her mother and she was so nice! And Sofia's dad said he really wants her to go to Young Woman's and stay for all 3 hours of church. I tell ya, it's amazing how children can change their families! She is changing hers and it's wonderful. God is good!
I hope you all know how much I love this gospel! There truly are daily miracles if we only have the good sense to look for them. Our Savior brings so many blessings to our lives when we open the door and let Him in. Something that I've learned this week is to communicate - with yourself, with God, with your family. If something hard is going on, communicate with others. Work it out. Move on. Forgive and forget and don't hold on to past issues or grievances. I've realized when I do that, I'm not really applying the Atonement. I'm being prideful. And boy, do I have a lot of pride! I'm so glad that God tears it down - every day. And when I keep building it back up, He tears it down again. He's so great!

I love y'all so much and hope you have an amazing week! Keep being obedient to the gospel and you'll have so much freedom! It's awesome! God bless you!

Love, Sister Platt
#1,001
#Godisgood

No comments:

Post a Comment