Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Last Words from Elder Garrett Anderson

I don't really know what to say but i will try my best. 

Well... This is it. It has finally come and there isn´t much any of us can do about it. Through sleepless nights and stressful days (taking care of the sisters) I have made it. The mission experience has been the best choice I have ever made, hands down. Although this last transfer has been a rollercoaster of emotions, wanting to stay more time in the mission and also wanting to see the family, I have learned much more than mere words can express, for the type of learning in the mission field is spiritual, emotional, mental, physical and eternal. 

To be quite honest, i have been worried about coming home. I have noticed that in the mission field we are "protected" from the things of the world. (Especially since i am in a small town far from civilization) I know that this will be a great thing for me, to share the experiences and feelings that i have had the privilege to experience for two years. 

"The mission is far from what i imagined it would be. I imagined that we would come down to the jungle of Brazil, preaching repentance and baptism from the mountain tops and the natives would come running to be baptized by the "American" missionaries. Haha i am just kidding, although i did imagine the part of the jungle. The mission is truly about hard work and sacrifice, about obedience and about our willingness to obey in even the littlest things. In my opinion, it is the doctrine of Christ at work in all forms. I have been shown countless times that God loves all of his children, He knows us, He loves us and cares for us daily. I have strengthened my testimony and i am in the process of conversion, which will continue throughout this life. 

I have learned many things here, respect, love how to listen, patience (lots of it) and in my learning i am also made aware of many many weaknesses that we are so blessed to have. Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." The mission was sort of a "refiner´s fire" that will be a model for my life, but like Elder Andersen has said to all of the missionaries here in our mission, the mission is only the start, we have to keep increasing and progressing and becoming like Christ. We will not be at the end of our life what we are at the end of our mission, we have to continue to have more spiritual experiences. 

I loved this mormon message that talked about the "refiners fire"


Thank you all for the support, it has been an amazing two years, i love you all so much and look forward to sharing these experiences with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment