Sunday, November 23, 2014

Words from Siser Brittany Platt in Colorado

"Hello everybody!!!

Oh what a wonderful week this has been! We have seen so many miracles I can hardly write them all. So here goes:

Miracle 1: My comp and I fasted on Sunday for a particular family in our ward. The husband is a member, but his wife and two kids are Catholic. He's been praying for a long time that his wife would convert, but she vowed to raise her kids Catholic and has refused to learn more about the church. Well, long story short, I told you that he called us Monday morning (I think) and we didn't get a chance to call him back. Well he called us Tuesday morning and we had a wonderful chat with him. His wife is totally on board for their son to go to BYU and doesn't want him to go anywhere else. I told him that I graduated from BYU and would love to come over and talk with their family more about the school and the curriculum. He thought that was a great idea and said he'd speak to his wife about having us over for dinner! It was a total answer to prayer and fasting! We're hoping to hear from them soon!

Miracle 2: We've been teaching a boy named Braxton who's dad is not a member. Braxton is 8 and is getting baptized next year. Well, he had a friend over and throughout the whole lesson his friend asked amazing questions and at the end of it said, "Well I'm 8. Can I get baptized?" It was awesome! We asked where he lived and have decided we will go to their house and try to talk to the parents.

Miracle 3: So, that same family had us over for dinner and the mom had one of her friends, who's not LDS, over for dinner as well. As we talked with them, this lady said she would love to feed us anytime and invited us over for dinner. She also said we could stop by her house anytime if we need anything! Amazing!!

Miracle 4: We've been teaching the 7, 11, and 17 year old's in our ward the missionary lessons. One of the 7 year olds we've been teaching, we challenged him to read the Book of Mormon every day and start from the very beginning. Well, not only has he taken on that challenge, but he loves it so much that he takes the Book of Mormon to school and reads it during quiet time! One of his classmates has noticed (we're teaching her as well), and so she told us she wants to do the same thing. I LOVE KIDS!!!

Miracle 5: One of the members in our ward we've been doing the stop smoking program with. It's a 7-day program and she's been so faithful to it! It was hard the first couple of days and she almost gave in, but with the support of her mom who lives with her (she's not LDS) and support from us and other people, she's made it through and is almost done! We went and saw them last night and she told us her doctor is amazed at how different she is already and how healthy she is. I truly believe she is one of the reasons I'm here. I love this woman and her mother so much!!!

Miracle 6: We've been doing these Stake Missionary Lessons with a lot of the members in our ward and we've been seeing some really cool miracles and missionary opportunities for the members. One member pled with the Lord for an opportunity, and the next day when she was at JoAnn's buying fabric the Lord provided it! The cashier started talking to her about her husband who is a less-active member of the church. The cashier was not a member. Well, our member felt prompted by the spirit to open her mouth, so she was super bold and invited the lady to church, to meet with the missionaries, and to get baptized!!! Holy Smokes!!! Talk about and amazing, bold missionary member! The cashier didn't accept any of the invitations, but the member told her that them talking was from the Lord and that she seriously needs to consider becoming a member. Our member even said the phrase to the cashier "You'd make a great Mormon!" Yay for missionary work!!!

Miracle 7: We met with our investigator again last week and she made the comment that wherever she goes in life, there seems to be missionaries around. We asked her how the Lord spoke to her and she said with a peaceful feeling and signs. Well, I felt the spirit prompt me to be bold and so I opened my mouth and said: "So, like the missionaries being everywhere you go is a sign from God?" She was stunned, then put her head down and chuckled and said "Yeah, I guess it is!" Wow. I'm being bold!!!! It was awesome. We had a great lesson with her and are going to try and re-committ her to baptism this Wednesday.

Miracle 8: The committee that I'm on, we finally came up with a motto and a vision/plan for the mission. We're going to launch it at Zone Conference this week. The motto is from Hymn 60 but we tweaked it a little bit: "As He died to make men holy, let us live to bring them home." I absolutely love it and know it was totally inspired! I feel that the year 2015 is going to be historical for our mission! #1,001

There's a few more small miracles but that's it for now. I used to get down on myself because we haven't had any baptisms, but I've realized that the work of Salvation is so much more than that!!! The purpose of missionaries is to strengthen families and strengthen Zion (the church) wherever we go. That's been the focus of this ward and stake and what amazing miracles we are seeing! Our ward mission leader and bishop do not want us to do hardly any tracting. We maybe do 2 or 3 hours a week. Crazy huh? But we've been so busy with lessons with members, less-actives, part member families, and our investigator that we don't hardly have time for anything else. I just love missionary work!!! Please share this gospel with everyone!! It's so easy. Satan does not want us to share it. He wants us to be fearful and scared so that no one else will know the truth. Don't let him win!! This is the best work we could ever do on this earth!

I love you all and pray for you everyday! Thank you for your continued love and support for me and my sister Hannah. It's been such a blessing for us to both be on missions at this time. I know that God designed it that way. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm grateful I'm not married yet so that I could have this experience and share this experience with my beloved sister. 

God bless you all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment