Sunday, November 30, 2014

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

11/3/14


"Hello world!

What a week! We have been super busy and filled with the spirit! We have taught so many lessons, and we taught five yesterday! It was a loooong day!

So this email is gonna be a bit shorter, because of lack of time. Sorry :(

Yesterday, we had a lesson with three kids, Jaxton 11, Olivia 10, and Alex 8. They are getting baptized on Dec. 6! Jaxton and Alex asked me to baptize them and it just melted my heart. I really want to baptize them. So bad. Transfers are Dec. 3, so hopefully I will be able to stay!!! Please pray that I will be able to baptize them. Thanks so much! :)

Halloween was awesome! We watched Frozen and it was so great! I love that movie, even though I have seen it 30+ times now. We got locked up in a stake center from 5-9:30 pm because they don't want us to get in trouble. And some kids dress up as missionaries for Halloween and cause trouble. So just a safety thing. But our whole zone had a great time watching movies and playing games. We went to 4 ward parties too throughout the week. I am so sick of candy.

It is so amazing to watch people change and make commitments. I am so blessed to be able to see these things happening! We have this less active we are working with. His name is Sterling. He got into drugs and jail, and a whole bunch of bad stuff. And now, he has completely turned his life around since I have been here! He is doing really well with quitting smoking, and he is going out to teach with us every Sunday! So he is awesome. About a week ago, Elder Mason asked what I thought we should teach him. I felt like he needed Tithing. So we taught him about tithing. And he payed it. And so many blessings have happened to him! He got a new job that he loves! He has a disgust for smoking (even though he is still struggling with it.) He is a new ward missionary in his ward. He has progressed so much, and has an amazing testimony!

So I am pretty clumsy I have been noticing. I lost my name tag. I lost my tie clip last night. My favorite one. And then I just lost my CTR ring this morning. I am pretty bummed about that. So I am praying really hard to be able to find them. I have NO IDEA how they disappeared from off of me, but I would appreciate your prayers too :)

We had interviews with the mission president this week. It was really helpful! We had a training as well. I feel like I am improving more and more every week, every day! It's hard to get out of the rut of complacency, but once you do, miracles happen! I can testify of that. 

We have been praying everyday to invite someone to be baptized. And we have everyday this week! Heavenly father places someone in our path everyday. 

It snowed a bit yesterday!!! Which is crazy, because it's been super hot. Then it got really rainy. And now it is just cold. But I am well off!

Thank you all so much for your prayers! I love you all so much and hope you are all doing well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment