Sunday, November 9, 2014

Words from Elder Shad Lindsey in the Ukraine

"Hey guys,

This was a really good week for us over here! Things are lookin up!! We had a few really good exchanges. I was with a guy named Elder Wimmer from spanish fork utah. He's a pretty cool guy. He loves star wars! I've never heard so many facts about a movie in my life. I actually don't think I've ever even seen star wars. Did you guys know that in star wars a lot of the people speak Ukranian? Crazy huh? I guess they just needed a pretty foreign sounding language that nobody really knows. Hey by the way, my ukranian is getting a little better. I can pray and stuff now. Its a weird language, but I kinda like it. But Russian is so much cooler.

Well, we found a new investigator this week. Her name is nina and she works in our apartment. She has always been so nice to us, so my companion and I decided to make her some brownies. She was so shocked and couldn't believe that we made em ourselves. But she was so thankful and in return made us some delicious cake stuff. The next time we gave her a book of mormon and said we'd stop by a little later and talk about it. We did, and we had an awesome first lesson. We ended up finding out that she had a daughter who died a few years back from cancer. She started crying and the spirit was so strong. I felt like crying too. It was just a great experience and opportunity to get to know someone better. It never ceases to amaze me to find all the people God is preparing to recieve the gospel. They are everywhere! Its just a matter of acting on the promptings God gives us to talk with and help the people around us.

We also had a really awesome conference with Elder tad R. Callister. He came all the way out to Kiev to do some trainings and stuff, and he did a mission conference where all the missionaries in kiev and the outer cities came to a branch building in kiev, and then they broadcasted it down to odessa so they could see it to. It was pretty sweet. Technology is awesome. Elder Callister was so smart. I felt like everything he said was pure doctrine. When he talked about the atonement, it was like he was talking about something he absolutely 100% believed in. It was really cool to see. 

Well I love you all. Don't worry about me things are great over here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment