Sunday, November 30, 2014

Words from Elder Adam Otto in Idaho

10/20/14


"I'm not exactly sure why, but this has been one of the most amazing weeks of my mission! I have had so many testimony builders and just so many miracles have happened! 
 
On Wednesday I got three letters AND a package! I had been feeling REALLY sick, and it made my day! But Hannah sent like 50 lbs of candy, which I still need to eat. I've been suffering by avoiding it...but it looks yummy :) I've been super sick, so miserable,  runny nose, sore throat, bad cough. I felt disgusting. But there have been so many members who have given me medicine! It's been amazing! 

Our investigator, who is getting baptized on this Friday, is getting married!!! I was seriously so excited! We have been teaching him and his girlfriend (a member) for like four weeks, and let me tell ya, they are a MIRACLE! His wedding is on Nov 21st, and we are going to it! I am so excited :) And for dinner, we ate with this family, I think their names were the Summers. But one of the daughters was talking about her band teacher, and IT WAS MS. STETZ! I was like no way?!? She was my siblings band teacher, and I think she moved to Idaho! It was so funny and we laughed a lot! Small little things that make my day better!

We have been teaching so many lessons! It's been a wonderful blessing! I know it is because we are being obedient. So I have been waking up on time everyday and working out to get even more blessings! It has HAPPENED! So the other day, like on Monday or something, I was looking through our area book, and I saw a familiar Elders name! It was Elder Billadeau from New Hampshire! It was so cool to know that he served EXACTLY where I am serving! Even if it was 5 years ago! It's just like wow. So cool! Sigh. This is just great guys, I love it here :) On Friday we ran into some members who knew Elder Billadeau too! So we looked him up on facebook and talked about New Hampshire. It was awesome:)
 
On Saturday it was a rough morning. I had to sleep after our studies because I was so sick. But the rest of the day was GREAT! We have been praying fervently to find someone to be baptized every day. As missionaries, we have made it a goal to invite someone to be baptized every day. And so all throughout the day, we look for someone. By 9:00, we hadn't found anyone. We were headed home and saw a few boys playing. I was like, hallelujah!!! One of them wasn't a member, and I was just like, "Do you wanna get baptized!?" and he was like, "no." But I was like, Ok!!! You will someday! It was really funny, and me and a few elders laughed about it afterwards. But hey, we invited, and the Lord provided! Prayers are so answered! So I also had another prayer answered on Saturday! I had lost my name tag on Monday, and had been praying to find it everyday. I finally did! It was in the church building, all chewed up and broken just sitting on one of the tables in the foyer! I was so happy! I am getting a new one soon though ;)
 
On Sunday we had lots of church as usual! Its sometimes hard going from 9-4, without stop! But it's really nice too! It feels completely normal! We set a baptism date with two kids last night! For Nov. 22. I know that when we are obedient, and diligently searching, the Lord blesses us! Of course we have had MANY canceled appointments, sicknesses, and trials, but things work out when we have an attitude of gratitude, and are obedient!

So this morning, I have totally noticed we have been blessed. So I got out of bed and started exercising even before my companion!! He was like....uh...what the heck happened there..? But it feels good to receive blessings! During personal study this morning, I found so many powerful scriptures. Here are just a few:
 
1 Nephi 15:24 Talks about how when we read the word of God, we will be blessed and able to overcome the great evils and temptations of this world!
 
2 Nephi 10:23 Cheer up! You choose how your life happens! No one can define it except you. So are you gonna choose happiness, or misery??
 
1 Nephi 17:51 God can do anything. ANYTHING. I looked up Phillipians 4:13 as well for this one. When we have a strong faith in God and Christ, we will be able to do anything! Conquer the world!
 
Those are just a few that I read this morning. I have learned to LOVE the Book of Mormon! I wish I could read it all day long! So many answers and insights.
 
I love you all and am so grateful for your many prayers and letters! They mean so much to me and I am seeing the results of them! I love you, and I know this is where I am supposed to be!"

No comments:

Post a Comment