Sunday, November 30, 2014

Words from Elder Adam Otto In Idaho

11/10/14

"Hola amigos y familia!

I hope every one is doing just great and I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! This week is has been getting very cold! So cold! Today it actually snowed this morning! We went hiking for our activity and it was beautiful! We went into the "mountains" and just hiked. It looked just like SJ except with lots of snow and windmills! I saw three moose! It was so cool! They were running and there was a baby one too! I will send pictures soon!

I have been blessed with so many little miracles lately! There has been so much work going on, and it is super tough not to get too complacent and think we've done enough for now. But we set 3 more baptism dates for January 10th! So we have 7 baptism dates! I just can't believe there is that much work in the square mile we are covering here in IDAHO. The Lord has many people prepared for us!

Prayer is definitely essential. All we have to do is ask, and we shall receive! So me and my comp have been praying all the time, every time, when we leave the house or before doing almost anything, to find families and individuals to teach the gospel! And we have found many families and people we can teach this upcoming week! We have also been praying every time to invite someone to be baptized today. Every day, we have been able to! They usually say, "Yeah if I find out these things are true, but not now." But still, as long as we invite them we are planting a seed that might sprout for a different missionary!

So we had a zone training on Friday, and our zone is getting pretty lax in their work. So our zone leaders used Elder Mason and I as examples of what we should all be doing! It made me feel so good! He told them about how much we pray and the success we are having. I felt like a missionary from the Book of Mormon! It was really good for me to hear. Of course there are so many things I am still learning and struggling with. But we can do anything through Christ! Anything! We just must act!

So tomorrow night until Wednesday night I am going on exchanges with another Elder in our district to "show him how things are done" as Elder Mason puts it. Sometimes people just need gentle reminders to get off their bums and walk around a little bit! I know I need that reminder a lot!

Also at the Zone training we learned about humility. And you know, humility is not a weakness! It is a spiritual strength, as Preach My Gospel says. Humility is submitting yourself to the Lord, and allowing His hand to guide you in your life. We all have our agency, but please, let us remember God knows the best path for us! His arms are always open for us! :) I usually feel pretty humble and not proud, but that is another thing I am working on!

So, by allowing the Lord to work in my life, I decided I needed a blessing for my sickness! I had been praying for help, but I needed to take the action! So I got a blessing last night, and I am feeling a bit better! In the blessing it said that I would be healed, and that the Lord was pleased with me and my service. I know that he truly cares about me, and I am so grateful for the power of the atonement to be healed in any kind of affliction!

Speaking of prayers, here are some that were answered! I found my CTR ring! It was in the washer...and yesterday I found my tie clip that I love! I had left it at a members house, and I saw the member's son yesterday and he was wearing it! I was like, hey that's mine! But he looked like he really liked it, so I decided not to say anything about it and let him keep it. And right after I made that decision, he took it off and asked if one of us had lost this tie clip because it had been at his house. I said it was mine and thanked him, and he gave it back to me without a problem or hesitation. After making that decision to let him keep it, the Lord blessed me by letting me have it! Little things like that make my faith grow SOOOO much!

Now for some funny things: So we were texting this one guy and asking if he and his wife had invited a member over yet for the family home evening we would be having with them the next day. And the guy texted back and he was like "what wife i don't have a wife." It was the wrong number, and Elder Mason and I just cracked up laughing! It was so funny!! We didn't answer back....hahah.

And a few nights ago, we went to an investigators house, and he is 11. He has a 6 year old brother and their mom wasn't home, and they were crazy! We were laughing so hard! The 11 year old was shooting him with a nerf gun thing and the 6 year old was throwing water bottles at him. I was dying laughin! They were cracking up too. Then all of the sudden the 6 year old ran into the kitchen and we just hear him yell "PIZZA!" and all of the sudden a pizza comes flying around the corner and it hit his brother in the face. It was So funny! You know me and laughing ;)

Everyone, I know this church is true! And it is true because of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the priesthood that is restored! I am so grateful to be here bringing that message to people. It is SO hard, and sometimes I just wanna lay down and cry. But I know I have a wonderful family and lots of friends who are praying for me, and sometimes that's the only thing that gets me going! I have lot's of struggles, but lot's of faith! So I know everything will be just fine! 

Thank you all so much for your prayers and letters! They mean everything to me. I love you all! Hope you have a fantastic week~!"

No comments:

Post a Comment