Sunday, November 23, 2014

Words from Elder Kyle James in Germany

"Lieber Familie,

This week was very good. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for the pictures of people! Thanks Trevor. haha. 

Tell Cade Richins that I flipping miss him. He was the best. And Neubauer.

SO... for Monday, we went to Düsseldorf and balled it up. It was a lot of fun. It was a zone P-day. I dunked it like 4 times in our games. I love it! I like Düsseldorf. I like the HBF there. There is a store thing in Germany called BACKWERK and I love that! It is hard to explain. But they have Berliners there! I love those. I love everything about Germany. I just love it! Hahaha Except the cold. It is freezing! I am sure that I am the only one in this country wearing Gym shorts right now!

 Tuesday was crazy good. We were assigned to make the treat for DDM so we went to the church to grab a cheese cake pan. We were waiting at the big Busbahnhof next to our Wohnung for the bus to the church. A lady came up to us and asked if we spoke english. Of course we said yes. She went on to explain her story. She was born and raised into the church in Mexico She was Europa and met a guy and got married. They had a son... and then got seperated. The husband tried to put her in Mexican prison, but she got out and moved to Germany. She cant speak German and is living with a friend until she can find a job. She has lived in Solingen for 6 months now. So anyway... long story short... Claudia prayed to be able to find the missionaries, damit sie zur Kirche zurückkommen kann. Sorry about the random German... it happens sometimes haha. So yeah... she prayed to find us... and the Lord answered her prayer. We were talking for a while... and she started to cry. She just wants to see her son again. She also wants friends. She doesnt really have any. She complained about the language and how she just wanted to speak Spanish with someone. Right then, one of the only members of our ward that speaks Spanish walked up to us... and we introduced him and explained that he could speak Spanish. And they talked for a while. We got Claudias info and told her that we would love to meet with her. Wow. What a miracle. I am so thankful to have seen that. 

Wednesday we had DDM. It was alright. Nothing too special. We then taught Sky and went by on a less active. Just normal missionary work! I love it! Oh and on Tuesday we went to a Chinese food resturant with a member. I gave the spiritual thought. The food wasnt very good. Be thankful for Panda Express.

On Thursday we met with Köster. That guy is still hilarious. He WILL come to church! mark my words! AHH! haha he is so close! Haha He will come. We also went to the hospital to visit Stan der Man. His heart was having troubles. He is crazy. We saw a lady cop in the hospital and he asked her to arrest him. Tisk tisk Stan. You crazy guy. We then met with Claudia in the hofgarten mall. I had the feeling that we needed to teach her about hope and why it is important. Afterwards, she asked how we knew to teach about hope, because it was exactly what she needed. The appt ended up being 3 hours. She cried a lot and told us her entire life story... but it was good that we listened. That is what she needed. She is so thankful for us. Thankful for the miracles. But I am thankful to God for giving us the Gelegenheit to see the miracles that he caused. We dont do miracles... we watch the Lord do them.

Friday, we went to Mirbachs Haus. She was nice this time... she wasnt sauer at all. We had a good lesson. She wants to invite us over for Christmas dinner. That is nice.

Saturday was really cool. We went to a baptism in Wuppertal. It was a wife and a daughter that I helped teach once. It was really cool. They were 100% ready for the gospel. Their /husband/dad baptized them. They are so awesome. We were eating afterwards, and a lady memeber in Wuppertal asked us if we happened to be from Arizona. I said yes and she was excited. She loves Arizona. She has been there 5 times. She knows Flagstaff... and I told her that that was where my parents met. She was really nice. After we talked for like 30 minutes, I told her that Solingen was my first area. She was 100% shocked. She asked me if I took German in school and I said no. She couldnt believe it. She asked if my parents were German haha no. haha She told me, that I was gifted, and that German is my talent. She introduced me to her husband and explained about my "gift". Pretty cool. It is because I dont waste time when I study German. Like, I am pretty far ahead, but I have a long way to go. I can write German 100% perfectly.. but I am not yet confident In speaking. I hope it comes with time! I can speak in relaxed situation but not in stressed ones haha. It comes with time I am sure.

So on Sunday, Claudia came. She waved to me when she got there while I was in preisthood meeting. We talked to her, and she was excited to be there. She talked with a Spanish member for a while. Really cool. She asked for a blessing from us for comfort... so we did that too. We also translated for her in sacrament. She is really cool. She has a strong testimony. She will be blessed for her good life,

That night we went to Bischof  Paulys haus. I love them so much. He is so hilarious. He can only say "I have bad english" in English. jaja.
 Gosh he is hilarious. He is a lot like me.

Well that Is about all. I am so happy for the Gelegenheit to see mircales and to see God bless lives. I love it. I love this work.

For a short spiritual thought, I want to talk about the the love of and mercy of Christ.

We all make mistakes. We all fall short. We all sin. Sometimes we feel like we arent worthy or we feel like we are too depressed, or we lose sight of our main goal. But fear not. Christ ALWAYS has his arms outstretched, waiting for us to come. Waiting for us to follow him. Waiting for us to come unto Him. If anyone that reads this feels lost, alone, unworthy, or sad... Know, that there is hope. But your trust in Christ. He will not lead us astray. He waits with his arms open wide, waiting for us. Find Christ in your life. He is there. I know it. Look at Ether 12:4.

Really though... I know that to be true.


Well family, here starts another week in paradise. Hard, hard paradise. haha Missionary work is hard work. But I love it.

I love you guys. I loved finding a letter in my coat. I miss you guys so much! I miss my older sister and I miss my littlest bruder, I miss the singer, and the Goofball. I miss the smart athlete, and the pretty princess. And I miss my loving parents, who stuck with raising a mental institution of a family. I love it that why.

Sorry for how hard I am too understand now a days. I have no idea how to speak.

Ich liebe euch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment