Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Words from Brittany Platt in Colorado

"Hello everybody!

So, transfers were today and I got transferred to an area called Strasburg!!!!! It's basically a bunch of small towns out east of Denver in the countryside! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be here. This is like the area in the mission that all missionaries want to serve in!! A few really cool things about this transfer is, when I opened up my mission call and was looking at the map of the mission I saw Strasburg and felt very strongly that I was going to go there one day. I didn't know anything about it, but I told my family I was going to go there! And, the other cool thing is they haven't had sisters in over 10 years! They've only had elders. So my new companion and I are literally pioneers in this area! We've replaced the elders and we're sweeping the area (starting from scratch basically). My mission president and his wife said they weren't planning on sending sisters this soon, but they got a really strong feeling to do so. I've told everyone since I've gotten out here that I knew I was going to come here and now I'm here!!! No one believed it would happen, but I'm here! I can hardly believe it. It feels so surreal! I know the Lord has sent me here for a purpose and there are people that I am supposed to meet! I don't know who or what work the Lord has in store, but I know there's a purpose and a plan. I just get the chills every time I think about it!
 
My new companion is named Sister Hoeman (poor girl! She makes fun of her name though and it's hilarious!). She's from a small town in Missouri and her family are horse ranchers. So we're both small town, country girls and we'll be right at home here in Strasburg!! We also get to drive a truck and we're the only sisters in the mission who get to do so!!!! Well, I guess she gets to drive since she's been out longer, but still, I'm in a truck and I can't complain!

So, one of the miracles from this last week is I got to teach two new investigators in a member's home! They're friends with the member and they're both 7th-day Adventists. Really neat guys! They didn't accept a Book of Mormon, but I'm hoping they will soon! We have a follow-up appointment with them so my trainer promised to let me know what happens! We also had a wonderful time serving Meaghan, our other investigator. She really opened up to us about what's holding her back. I just know one day she's going to get baptized!
 
I don't have time to tell you all the miracles from last week, but I'm so grateful I get to e-mail every week!! It was so hard to leave Parker and Auburn Hills. The people there are amazing and many tears were shed when I said goodbye. That place will always be holy and sacred to me! I learned so much and grew so much! And now, I'm ready for this new change and to learn and grow even more! Please pray extra for me and my companion as we do our best to serve the people here and to work hard!!

Love you all and God bless you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment